PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ENT that works at Riley's in Indy

MSWR0319
05-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know a great ENT that does surgery at Riley's Childrens Hospital? DS is scheduled for some surgery next month at Riley's and I'm pretty sure he has yet another ear infection. The last one was our last chance before being referred to an ENT for tubes. If possible I'd like them to just put the tubes in while he's already under anesthesia for his other surgery. However, that means we need to find an ENT and get an appt before his surgery date, which I think we might be pushing it since we don't even have names yet. So if anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it. I really wish I had just scheduled an appt after his last ear infection but was hoping he wouldn't have anymore since it's warm now.

scrooks
05-16-2013, 11:22 AM
I can ask my cousin. Their dd had tubes a couple of years ago ... They live in Indy. I'm not sure thru went to Riley but he works there so I am betting yes.

megs4413
05-16-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't have any contacts at Riley, but I asked our plastic surgeon to do this once. Actually, whenever possible I've asked docs to coordinate procedures. If I were you, I'd contact the surgeon he's already scheduled with and ask if he/she can coordinate with an on-staff ENT there. Alternatively, you could just look up on their website who their ENTs are and call and ask for an appointment or do be put on a cancellation list to wait for a spot to open up.

I think you'd have better luck, though, talking to the surgeon doing the procedure already and hoping he/she can work it out for you. Good luck!

scrooks
05-16-2013, 11:57 AM
I sent you a pm but I'm not sure how much help it will be!

cvanbrunt
05-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Sent you a pm

o_mom
05-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Just wanted to add that you should probably PM lilycat88. I'm guessing she would have good leads for you.

willow33
05-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Dr. Taha Shipchandler - DS1 had surgery (not tubes) and I was very impressed with him. Not sure if he does that specific surgery but worth asking. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again!

MSWR0319
05-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Thank you to everyone who offered names. We just got back from the pedi and she says his ears look good. I'm not sure I buy it, but only time will tell. He's had all of his regular symptoms for 3 days (fussy, pulling at ears, not eating as well, and crying when I lay him down) so I thought for sure he had one. Now I feel dumb for taking him in. I'll keep these names just in case we need them later!