PDA

View Full Version : B Ready owners, some questions!

bisous
05-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm leaning towards buying one of these! But I'm just not sure.

I like the idea of using one seat and one car seat. Anyone try this configuration? Anyone try it with an infant seat that IS NOT a Britax? (AKA with the adapter?) Anyone tried using the lower adapters? Can the stroller be folded with the lower adapters on? Can it be folded with the upper adapters? I'm trying to imagine taking apart all the various parts when putting back into the car.

I'm thinking it might be easy to have the car seat in the upper part used with the second seat. If it folds fairly well that way, it would be fabulous! I think even if I find a B & M store, it would be unlikely that they would have ALL the adapters and seats etc. to be able to try folding it. I'd appreciate any BTDT experience you might have!

Thanks!

AngB
05-17-2013, 05:53 PM
First of all, I have to say the B-Ready has really really grown on me. The first few months I had it I was underwhelmed and it is a PITA to get in and out of the car, but now I use it almost daily and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. We don't live in much of a high end stroller area and I get comments on it every single time we are out. The more I use it, the more I have liked it.

I originally got it with both seats and no adapter thinking I didn't "need" the adapter, I'd just put the baby in the seat. That's nice and all, and I do, but I ended up caving and buying the adapter when DS2 was about 3 months old and I only wish I had bought it sooner. It's just sooooo much more convenient to leave the baby in his car seat!

Anyway, we have a Snugride 32 and it snaps right in the adapter. I don't have the lower adapter so it can only go on top, but it works fine. DS1 is tall at 2 (98%ile height) and doesn't mind sitting on the bottom even with the car seat. (I did have to bribe him the first few times with fruit snacks to get him to try it, but now he sits there happily.) I have also put DS2 in the top seat facing me, and the bottom seat with DS1 in the top seat (like yesterday we went to the zoo so I out DS1 at the top and DS2 was content in the bottom seat), it all works great.

You have to take the car seat adapter off to fold it, I also take the top seat off (can't remember if you "have to"), but the 2nd seat (bottom) stays there permanently. I don't mind taking it off b/c I usually decide whether I am using the adapter or the seat as we go anyway so I just snap in what we want.

I think it folds fairly well and easily now that I am used to it. The adapter is just a small bar thing so I take it off as I take off the car seat and keep it on the floor by the infant seat.

ETA: I can take some pictures or try and find some pictures if that would help? Just let me know what you want to see.

daniele_ut
05-20-2013, 12:15 AM
I LOVE my B-Ready. I'm mostly using it as a single right now but I used it a lot as a double in the months after DS was born. I have the second seat and the universal adapter. If you want to use a non-Britax car seat in the lower position you need BOTH the lower adapter and the universal adapter.

I used my Chicco KeyFit30 with the adapter quite a bit in the first few months. The stroller will fold just fine with the adapter and the second seat still attached. When we were using the adapter a lot I left the main seat attached while it was folded and just swapped it for the adapter when I needed it because it took up less space in my trunk that way. I can take some pictures of it if that would help.

bisous
05-20-2013, 06:05 PM
AngB that was SO helpful! I happen to have a very similar car seat (SR35) so that kind of feedback is key. The stroller I'm currently using in the car is the MBUS so not a small, easy fold stroller. I think I might be okay with the b-ready and I'm REALLY tempted. Thanks for helping me out!

Daniele good to hear you love it too.

Neither of you ladies happens to have a Honda Odyssey btw? I'm just trying to figure out how it would sit and fold in the trunk of a minivan.

Thanks again!

Hemlock
05-20-2013, 06:57 PM
I have a B-Ready (single) and I drive a Honda Odyssey. I have tons of room behind the third row for the B-Ready and my older sons' LARGE hockey bag.

daniele_ut
05-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't drive an Ody, but I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's dark outside here now, but I can take some pics of it in the back of my van tomorrow. Right now the B-Ready is in there and my Callisto is sitting next to it and DS's baseball gear is littered around it.

AngB
05-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't drive an Ody, but I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's dark outside here now, but I can take some pics of it in the back of my van tomorrow. Right now the B-Ready is in there and my Callisto is sitting next to it and DS's baseball gear is littered around it.

I also have a Grand Caravan, and agree it fits nicely in the seat well standing up, leaving the other half of the trunk free.

You may already know this, but I think the free ride event starts in June.

BabyBearsMom
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm leaning towards buying one of these! But I'm just not sure.

I like the idea of using one seat and one car seat. Anyone try this configuration? Anyone try it with an infant seat that IS NOT a Britax? (AKA with the adapter?) Anyone tried using the lower adapters? Can the stroller be folded with the lower adapters on? Can it be folded with the upper adapters? I'm trying to imagine taking apart all the various parts when putting back into the car.

I'm thinking it might be easy to have the car seat in the upper part used with the second seat. If it folds fairly well that way, it would be fabulous! I think even if I find a B & M store, it would be unlikely that they would have ALL the adapters and seats etc. to be able to try folding it. I'd appreciate any BTDT experience you might have!

Thanks!

I have a B-Ready and really liked it while I needed a double. I have used it with my Keyfit 30. On the model I have (not sure about newer models) you could not use a non-Britax infant seat on the lower level. I never had the infant seat adapter but found it easier for the rare times I was using the infant car seat to just rest it in the regular seats (I can think of a total of 3 times I actually did this, as I usually rested DD2 in the lower seat with a snuzzler and it worked great). I know this isn't the "approved way" to do things, but it worked in a pinch. I am pretty sure you can fold the stroller with the adapters on, it just isn't very compact when you do so. It can easily fold with the primary and secondary seats on it.

BabyBearsMom
05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
AngB that was SO helpful! I happen to have a very similar car seat (SR35) so that kind of feedback is key. The stroller I'm currently using in the car is the MBUS so not a small, easy fold stroller. I think I might be okay with the b-ready and I'm REALLY tempted. Thanks for helping me out!

Daniele good to hear you love it too.

Neither of you ladies happens to have a Honda Odyssey btw? I'm just trying to figure out how it would sit and fold in the trunk of a minivan.

Thanks again!

I have an Ody and just put it standing up in the trunk well. It fits but it takes up more space than a single. Definitely a way smaller fold than an MBUS though.

ebp913
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
How is the B-ready for tall parents? I'm worried that we will kick the second seat while walking.

BabyBearsMom
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
How is the B-ready for tall parents? I'm worried that we will kick the second seat while walking.

I am 5'9" and DH is just over 6' and we never kicked the back seat. While you are walking, your foot goes kind of under the back of the second seat, even when the seat is fully reclined.

bisous
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love to see a pic. But I confess I think I'm already pretty convinced this is the right stroller for us. Now to convince DH...

bisous
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
I am 5'9" and DH is just over 6' and we never kicked the back seat. While you are walking, your foot goes kind of under the back of the second seat, even when the seat is fully reclined.

This is also good news. I was a little concerned about kicking the lower seat.

theriviera
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
I'll be the voice of dissent. I had the B-Ready and for me, it was way to much of a PITA to get in and out of the car. We sold it. I just found it way too heavy, and I'm no slouch.

daniele_ut
05-21-2013, 06:46 PM
In my trunk:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/daniele_ut/image_zps2d94477f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/daniele_ut/media/image_zps2d94477f.jpg.html)

Folded with the adapter attached. I should take another with the adapter and the second seat. I wasn't thinking!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/daniele_ut/image_zps31046d2f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/daniele_ut/media/image_zps31046d2f.jpg.html)

bisous
05-21-2013, 07:11 PM
In my trunk:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/daniele_ut/image_zps2d94477f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/daniele_ut/media/image_zps2d94477f.jpg.html)

Folded with the adapter attached. I should take another with the adapter and the second seat. I wasn't thinking!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/daniele_ut/image_zps31046d2f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/daniele_ut/media/image_zps31046d2f.jpg.html)

Ooh, that fits great! I LIKE this.