PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with shake replacement?

ray7694
05-18-2013, 03:23 PM
I am thinkikng of doing Body by Vi. I gained a little over 15 pounds this winter and nothing fits. I already excercise a lot its the eating that I stink at.

kboyle
05-20-2013, 06:31 PM
a friend of mine is doing body by vi and likes it. as a warning she had a very upset stomach for the first couple wks, once her body was used to it she was fine. decreasing to 1 scoop a day for 1-2 wks helped her.

i have tried shakology and it's quite tasty. alot more vitamins/greens than body by vi i think. my boss is a rep and she loves it.

Katigre
05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Unless you change your eating habits permanently, body by vi will be a yoyo diet and you will regain the weight. And potentially mess up your metabolism longer term.

What do you need to address eating wise?

Sent from my Android phone using Swype

boilermakermom
05-20-2013, 06:41 PM
I agree with PP. DH did Body by Vi a year or so ago, and was only able to lose weight if he stuck to the plan closely.

I didn't care for the taste of the Body by Vi shakes, too chalky. I like the shakeology much better. They made a nice meal replacement when too busy to grab food.

ZeeBaby
05-20-2013, 07:06 PM
I did body by Vi for about 2 mos last year. I lost about 10lbs and have mostly kept it off. I was doing 2 replacement shakes a day. I slowly replaced a meal with a shake and that worked. You really need to change your eating habits to keep the weight off. My only issue with it is that it was pricey.

sidmand
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
a friend of mine is doing body by vi and likes it. as a warning she had a very upset stomach for the first couple wks, once her body was used to it she was fine. decreasing to 1 scoop a day for 1-2 wks helped her.

i have tried shakology and it's quite tasty. alot more vitamins/greens than body by vi i think. my boss is a rep and she loves it.

What Shakeology flavor did you have? I tried the Strawberry and thought it was pretty gross (I have a very low tolerance though for chalky tasting stuff since I tried replacement bars in the past). I have some of the chocolate but I've been afraid to try it!