PDA

View Full Version : Apps for 8 yr old Girls

StantonHyde
05-18-2013, 10:39 PM
DD wants to spend some money she has saved on some apps ( or just one?). What are some fun games/apps for 8 year old girls? TIA!!

NCGrandma
05-18-2013, 10:52 PM
My 8-year-old DGD1 loves several of the Toca Boca ones (Tailor, Band, hair salon or something).

KrystalS
05-18-2013, 10:57 PM
My DD is 9 and she really likes Temple Run, the Toca Boca apps, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water. Thats all I can think of right now.

Twoboos
05-19-2013, 10:02 AM
My girls like Temple Run, Dream Heights, any "make your own food" ones (ice cream, pizza, cupcakes), the American Girl ones, Shaun the Sheep (so cute, I love it too!), Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Chicktionary especially the latest version where you can dress up your chickens. (I like this one too, what's not to like about a chicken spelling game? ;))

NCGrandma
05-19-2013, 10:32 AM
My girls like Temple Run, Dream Heights, any "make your own food" ones (ice cream, pizza, cupcakes), the American Girl ones, Shaun the Sheep (so cute, I love it too!), Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Chicktionary especially the latest version where you can dress up your chickens. (I like this one too, what's not to like about a chicken spelling game? ;))

I'd never heard of Chicktionary but it sounded like fun. Spelling definitely counts, even when looking for the app! I made the mistake of searching for 'chiktionary' -- NOT the same! That's a password-protected app for 'playas' who are juggling lots of women and want to keep track... Who knew?!

lalasmama
05-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I'd never heard of Chicktionary but it sounded like fun. Spelling definitely counts, even when looking for the app! I made the mistake of searching for 'chiktionary' -- NOT the same! That's a password-protected app for 'playas' who are juggling lots of women and want to keep track... Who knew?!

OMG, there's an app for everything, isn't there?

OP, my 9 year old DD loves: Draw Something 2 (she's terrible at it, but loves it, and is only allowed to draw with people she knows), Kids Doodle (it looks like she's drawing with neon lights), Disney Fashion Boutique, Bubble Shooter, Angry Birds (all of them!), Where's My Water? (and all the other Where's My ___? versions), Fruit Ninja....

anonomom
05-19-2013, 01:21 PM
My 7yo loves the American Girl apps, Littlest Pet Shop, Ice Age and Wonder Zoo.

erosenst
05-19-2013, 09:24 PM
In addition to most of the ones listed above, DD (9) and her friends like Sunday Lawn, Subway Surf, 4 pics one word, Jetpack Joyride, Quell and Peggle.

ABO Mama
05-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Bubble mania, fruit mania (both free apps).

KrystalS
05-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Great recommendations! We are going out of town on Friday and these will help keep my kids occupied in the car!

stillplayswithbarbies
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
in addition to what has been mentioned, Dragonvale

also the Monster High apps if she is into the Monster High dolls