PDA

View Full Version : So I should just spank him then

blue
05-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks relative for informing me what I should do to stop DS1 from throwing a fit when we where out today. That is great that worked on your kids and that's why they don't behave like my child when they are out (or like the other relatives you mentioned that also don't get spanked). Guess what, I seem to recall your kids throwing some spectacular fits at home before, because they are kids and ALL kids do that sometimes.

georgiegirl
05-19-2013, 08:38 PM
And we all know that spanking kids makes them stop crying...

People are so judgmental and uninformed. At least there's solid research out there tying spanking to depression and negative behavior in adolescents and adults.

ttownfrogs
05-21-2013, 04:49 PM
So calming for little ones...grrr, some people!

bisous
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM

People are so judgmental and uninformed. At least there's solid research out there tying spanking to depression and negative behavior in adolescents and adults.

Exactly! People are weird and opinionated about kids. Most of the time I try to smile and move on but it gets wearing to be judged and evaluated all the time. Especially when it makes no sense!

fedoragirl
05-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I used to go into a negative spiral hating myself for days after I had spanked DD. It was horrible and I never ever want to feel like that again or worse, recommend someone else do it. That is twisted. Even my mom who spanked me with anything and everything tells me not to do that to my kids.

elizabethkott
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Next time the offending relative behaves badly, walk right up and smack 'em on the @ss. HARD.
Because that'll teach them.
:icon_twisted:

pastrygirl
05-22-2013, 08:13 AM
So calming for little ones...grrr, some people!Even my 6yo knows this... I was yelling at my upset 3yo once, and my older son said "Stop yelling at him! He's already upset, it's just going to make him more upset!" Very wise, big brother. And, I've never forgotten it. His words come to me every time I'm tempted to get upset at the kid who's upset.

BabyBearsMom
05-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Next time the offending relative behaves badly, walk right up and smack 'em on the @ss. HARD.
Because that'll teach them.
:icon_twisted:

:ROTFLMAO: One time MIL threatened to spank DD1 for not listening. I promptly turned to her in front of the whole family and said "If you touch her, I will spank you right back." My MIL was pretty horrified but my FIL thought it was hilarious.