PDA

View Full Version : Okay, So I Seriously Love My Versa And My Snap, But...

saradelphina
05-20-2013, 01:56 AM
I want a Cybex Callisto...though I've never actually tried one out.

Someone, please, talk me out of this lemming...

(does it sit really upright, the seat? like, SUPER-upright?)

For reference, I've had:

*Chicco Liteway, used once and ruined by the airline, but DD was 6 weeks old and it was actually really great for travel since it's a substantial umbrella and the seat reclines completely flat...

*Bumbleride Flyer, which I love somewhat irrationally, given the very average push...but I love the reversible handle, which I strongly prefer to a reversible seat...the fabrics, the colour (Ruby) and it sits really, really, really upright, plus it reclines completely flat...however, I took it out to the mall for the first time in months on Saturday, and realized...man, the push...the push... :)

*Uppa G-Luxe, which my husband loved somewhat irrationally, given its tippyness and lack of functional storage...beautiful fabric, great sunshade for an umbrella, nice push, but I sold it

*Uppa Cruz, which is probably my fave stroller, looks-wise (had the Tyler blue, gorgeous) but the bulky fold and especially the surprisingly mediocre push and the creaky, rickety feel made it subpar...sold it

*BJ Versa, which is pretty much the perfect all-around non-AT stroller, despite the crappy service from BJ on the recall (they eventually replaced mine completely -- I'm in Canada and they just wanted to replace the frame, despite the fact that the seat was also fubar'd -- went several rounds with BJ on this - worst customer service experience I've ever had, even at BJ's middle management level) -- ASIDE FROM THAT :) it's an awesome stroller -- beautiful push, great basket, compact fold in both directions -- I think BJ strollers are universally ugly and the Versa is no exception, however, it really is an awesome stroller

*Valco Snap (the 3) which is an amazing travel stroller -- I have nothing bad to say about the Snap, especially for its intended purpose for our family

So, I'm down to three -- the Flyer (giving it to a pregnant friend), the Versa (keeping) and the Snap (keeping). I don't really need a Callisto. But I saw the new Jeremy Scott collection http://cybexbyjeremyscott.com/products.html and now I want!

Any Callisto lovers? Pros, cons? Is the seat really upright? My daughter is two this month, and she strongly prefers to be very upright.

Thank you for reading if you've made it this far...:heartbeat:

crl
05-20-2013, 02:21 AM
I loved my Onyx. I thought the seat was quite upright, but dd never cared about that so ymmv.

But, I'm not sure what purpose the Callisto would serve that isn't covered by what you already have honestly. If I had those two and if I was looking for a third stroller, I'd be looking for an air tire stroller to get better ride and push for outdoor use (Bumbleride indie?).

Catherine

saradelphina
05-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Awesome. I have major insomnia lately and I've just spent the past 20 minutes looking at the Indie. You know what? If I'm going to convince my husband that we need another stroller, it would have to be an AT.

How upright is the Indie? :rotflmao:

Are there any other lightweight ATs you'd recommend, Catherine? I looked at the Bob Motion, and I think it's ugly. :tongue5:

georgiegirl
05-20-2013, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't get it. I had an onyx, and I realized I just don't like umbrella strollers.

Annyeb
05-20-2013, 09:08 AM
I agree about getting an AT over an umbrella. I have an AT that can be a double (P&T Explorer, it's okay), a light, full featured travel stroller (Snap 4) and then an umbrella (Uppa Gluxe). The Snap 4 and Gluxe seem redundant, BUT I have been using both equally. Examples... Quick trip into the elementary school, post office, other free standing stores, I choose the Gluxe. If I'm going to the actual mall, sports things for my older kids or anywhere where I plan to be there over an hour, I use the Snap 4. For walks around the neighborhood or going somewhere where the plan is to walk around a lot outside or an all day venture where I might need the double aspect (park, lake, zoo, fair, etc) I use the P&T. I guess it looks like an umbrella plus the Snap is a good idea, but the only reason I choose the umbrella over the Snap is the smaller footprint and the light weight. Makes more sense when I'm going to be using the stroller quickly. I don't think Cybex is light?

kaharris83
05-20-2013, 09:12 AM
I hated the Onyx. I love my G-Luxe though FWIW. I have an Indie Twin and I have to say aside from how gorgeous it is I'm seriously underwhelmed with it. I had a BOB single and the push was incredible. I expected similar from the Indie(I realize it is a double compared to a single) but it just doesn't compare. The Indie feels very rickety, while my BOB felt sturdy. To me the Indie is just an ok AT stroller. A gorgeous one, but everytime I push it I wish I had kept the Duallie I bought and never opened. I finally ordered a Duallie that arrives today and the Indie is going to CL. I just can't justify a pretty stroller with such a disappointing push. I have a Versa too. If the Indie single pushes like the double I think you'll find they have a similar push. To me they would fill a similar need and I wouldn't end up using the Indie because I prefer the reversible seat of the Versa. To compliment my Versa I have a G-Luxe for travel and tight spaces like the doctor's office, a BOB single for places I really need a true AT(farm, dirt trails, etc), a Duallie for times I need both my boys to ride, and my Versa does shopping, neighborhood walks, the park, pretty much everything else. If you haven't pushed a BOB Revo maybe the Indie push wont disappoint but if you get a chance try both before picking an AT. I hadn't ever tried a Bumbleride but figured air tires are air tires, but I was wrong.

crl
05-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Awesome. I have major insomnia lately and I've just spent the past 20 minutes looking at the Indie. You know what? If I'm going to convince my husband that we need another stroller, it would have to be an AT.

How upright is the Indie? :rotflmao:

Are there any other lightweight ATs you'd recommend, Catherine? I looked at the Bob Motion, and I think it's ugly. :tongue5:

I have had (in order) a 2004 Bob SU, the 2009 Swift, the 2010 Swift, the 2011 Indie, a micralite superlite fastfold, and a 2007 Bob Revolution (purchased used).

The Bob has the best push, absolutely. The Mountain Buggy and the Bob were both very sturdy. The Indie has the most upright seat. I will say that I walk super fast and a lot and I walk a wild Golden Retriever while pushing the stroller and I thought the Indie push was great. The difference between a single and a double is pretty huge in terms of push and I found a bob Dualie way worse than a bob single (I used to occasionally borrow a Dualie when I was pushing my kid and a neighbor's kid). If you search my user name and indie you will find my comparison of the swift and the indie.

One aside on the indie, for use with a toddler, I would stick to one of the darker fabrics, even though the others are sooooo pretty, because I found the Seagrass got pretty grimy with a toddler and I disliked having to take all the fabric off and scrubbing it and waiting for it to dry.

Catherine

legaleagle
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I love my callisto! Seat is quite upright, IMO. But I agree, something like the indie would be a better choice for rounding out your collection.

MKT
05-22-2013, 12:30 AM
I love my Indie too, and personally think it has a great push. I've used it through a lot of snow, potholes, dirt trails, gravel and grass and it performs wonderfully. I also prefer it over the other AT's because it's only 20lbs! I agree about getting the dark fabric though - we got the Ocean (navy) edition and it's still looking new after 6 months while a friend's Seagrass is looking kind of grimey.

saradelphina
05-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Thank you for all your feedback.

I bought a 2013 Indie in Aqua.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heart beat::heartbeat:

crl
05-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Thank you for all your feedback.

I bought a 2013 Indie in Aqua.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heart beat::heartbeat:

Hope you love it!
Catherine

saradelphina
05-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks, Catherine. :)

I love it. But I hate the locks. Is there an easier way to do this? I have to wrestle with them to get them to lock. Both of them/either of them. Arrgh.

crl
05-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks, Catherine. :)

I love it. But I hate the locks. Is there an easier way to do this? I have to wrestle with them to get them to lock. Both of them/either of them. Arrgh.

Locks? To hold it shut when you fold it? I hardly ever folded mine and I don't remember trying to lock it folded. . . . Mine was a 2011 and I think they have redesigned so I may not be much help.

Catherine