PDA

View Full Version : Sephora's Sun Care Sampler is Back!

anonomom
05-20-2013, 07:23 AM
I know some people were waiting for this:

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?&skuId=1524727&productId=P379059&om_mmc=ret-us%2Bnews1%2B20130520%2Bsunsafetykit%2Bprebuyer-he-sunsafetykit&emtc=us%2Bnews1%2B20130520%2Bsunsafetykit%2Bprebuy er&ematg=854067984&dcid=535020:24546564806:37815786

hellokitty
05-20-2013, 07:37 AM
It's already sold out. Does anyone know what brands it included?

wellyes
05-20-2013, 07:42 AM
THANK YOU! I've been stalking the site waiting for this, love it. Got 2.

Don't forget ebates 4% and to use a code http://www.sephora.com/beauty-deals. There is a free Black Honey Almost Makeup mini right now.

wellyes
05-20-2013, 07:43 AM
It's already sold out. Does anyone know what brands it included?

Not sold out but it is a "Beauty Insider Exclusive" so perhaps you have to be signed in?

Contents are:
- 0.03 oz bareMinerals® Original Mineral Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- bareMinerals® Mini Flawless Application Brush
- 0.5 oz Boscia® Self-Defense Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 0.25 oz Dr. Brandt® Signature Flexitone® BB Cream SPF 30
- 1 Towelette Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad™
- 0.5 oz Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 0.5 oz Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream
- 0.5 oz L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care SPF 20
- 0.16 oz Miracle Skin Transformer Miracle Skin Transformer Face SPF 20
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+
- 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skincare Max Sheer Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30
- 0.169 oz Sephora Collection Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen
- 0.64 oz Ultimate Protection Cream+ Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- 0.25 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 20 with Dermaxyl™ Complex
- 1.69 oz St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion
- 0.5 oz Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
- 0.14 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa
- Cosmetic bag

anonomom
05-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Are you a Beauty Insider? I ask because it's letting me put it in my cart (I'm not actually buying it this year).

Contents:

This set contains:
- 0.03 oz bareMinerals® Original Mineral Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- bareMinerals® Mini Flawless Application Brush
- 0.5 oz Boscia® Self-Defense Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 0.25 oz Dr. Brandt® Signature Flexitone® BB Cream SPF 30
- 1 Towelette Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad™
- 0.5 oz Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 0.5 oz Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream
- 0.5 oz L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care SPF 20
- 0.16 oz Miracle Skin Transformer Miracle Skin Transformer Face SPF 20
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+
- 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skincare Max Sheer Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30
- 0.169 oz Sephora Collection Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen
- 0.64 oz Ultimate Protection Cream+ Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- 0.25 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 20 with Dermaxyl™ Complex
- 1.69 oz St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion
- 0.5 oz Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
- 0.14 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa
- Cosmetic bag

oneontheway
05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Are you guys paying shipping? Thanks!

jam224
05-20-2013, 11:00 AM
THANK YOU! I've been stalking the site waiting for this, love it. Got 2.

Don't forget ebates 4% and to use a code http://www.sephora.com/beauty-deals. There is a free Black Honey Almost Makeup mini right now.

Thanks for the link! I got the same! And thanks, OP! I went through Upromise for 5% back. :D

Ms B
05-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Now I know what I am doing on my lunch break either today or tomorrow . . .

Seriously, I love this set!

wellyes
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Are you guys paying shipping? Thanks!

One of the reasons I got 2!

almostmom
05-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the link - I just ordered a set! I love the idea of having lots of sunscreen samples to use throughout the summer. And I had a Sephora gift card, so it was free! And I got the lip mini which I'm really excited about, as well as 3 other samples. Christmas in May!

sidmand
05-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you!

maiaann
05-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks OP. I missed out on the Allure Beauty Box so this will be my summer treat!

legaleagle
05-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks OP, I also got the Lavanila baby bundle which was on sale for $30, I love their diaper cream (and I've tried just about every one under the sun at this point) and I've been wanting to try the body wash and lotion too.

elbenn
05-20-2013, 01:22 PM
I was going to buy it, but I'm not sure that there are enough products I would use to make it worth it. I would like to try some new sunscreens. What items are you guys excited about that make it worth it for you to buy this?

wellyes
05-20-2013, 01:48 PM
For me, it's good quality products I already like, in purse sizes (not too skimpy), all at a low price. Origins, Clarins, Josie Marin, Boscia, Peter Thomas Roth, Lancome, Ole Henricksson sunscreens especially.

The .5 oz Josie Marin is available for purchase separately for $14. Getting it plus 5-6 others, plus a bronzer, BB cream and a couple of primers for $30 is a steal.

westwoodmom04
05-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Just scooped it up; looks like a great deal.

Ms B
05-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Just snagged it at my local store . . . had to ask for it as they were not obviously on display. The product assortment is nice, but the packaging (clear vinyl zip bag) is not nearly as nice as last year's (hard plastic train case that The Biscuit loves to latch and unlatch). That said, the bag probably will make a good holder for undies, socks, etc. inside of luggage.

mypa
05-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks, it looks like it will be a great way to try out lots of sun care products! And it's my first Sephora purchase.

kboyle
05-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Just snagged it at my local store . . . had to ask for it as they were not obviously on display. The product assortment is nice, but the packaging (clear vinyl zip bag) is not nearly as nice as last year's (hard plastic train case that The Biscuit loves to latch and unlatch). That said, the bag probably will make a good holder for undies, socks, etc. inside of luggage.

i was just at mine today and didn't think to ask for it since it wasn't displayed. :(

wellyes
05-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Odd that they don't display it, it's one of the once-a-year events they're famous for.

By the way, $20 from each purchase goes to The Skin Cancer Foundation.

jam224
05-21-2013, 12:33 AM

Are the contents & price different in store? One of the online reviews said it was missing a few things and it was cheaper:
"I bought this in store and it differs slightly from the online version. The one I bought was $26 and does not have the Clarins, Shiseido, Origins, L'Occitane, and Lancôme, so if you want those samples, you'll want to buy online."

Just thought it was worth pointing out, in case anyone is wondering whether to buy online vs. in store.

wellyes
05-21-2013, 12:52 AM
I believe the less expensive one is in Sephoras located in JC Penny's stores.

jam224
05-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I believe the less expensive one is in Sephoras located in JC Penny's stores.

Ah, well that would make sense. I've never been to a Sephora inside a Penney's before, but I can see how they would have a watered down version of the kit.

Ms B
05-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Are the contents & price different in store? One of the online reviews said it was missing a few things and it was cheaper:
"I bought this in store and it differs slightly from the online version. The one I bought was $26 and does not have the Clarins, Shiseido, Origins, L'Occitane, and Lancôme, so if you want those samples, you'll want to buy online."

Just thought it was worth pointing out, in case anyone is wondering whether to buy online vs. in store.

Mine had the full assortment, so I have to agree that the smaller case came from somewhere else. I am very excited about the Origins sample -- I got to try the VitaZing cream last year and I liked the product so much that I picked up a larger tube when Origins had its winter holiday promo.

elbenn
05-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I looked at the list of items again and I definitely think there are enough things that I would use to make it worth it so I ordered it. Thanks OP for posting about this!

Twin Mom
05-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Called my local store a few minutes ago and they didn't have them yet. They were unpacking boxes and told me to call back tomorrow to see if they got them in.

oneontheway
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I'd like to try one but hate to pay shipping. My local store doesn't have them in yet but I'm going to check tomorrow and hopefully pick one up at lunch!

kep
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks! I grabbed one too. It's my first Sephora purchase as well! So excited. I skipped the Beauty Box earlier as well, (couldn't justify the $$), so this is a nice treat!

poppy
05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
What are the expiration dates on the products? I have 2 big sizes of sunscreen this summer, but really wanting to try this...

azzeps
05-21-2013, 11:36 PM
My mom is looking for a face cream with SPF for everyday use. Would this be a good way for her to try several?

Twin Mom
05-22-2013, 12:12 AM
I ended up calling the store again this afternoon since it was more convenient for me to pick it up today and they held one for me. Had a gift card that covered half so even better. They told me they were sold out online and were going fast in the store so I'm glad I didn't wait. When I picked mine up, the girl rang me up and the other girl at the register was telling her that it was on hold for someone. She didn't realize it was on hold for me!

westwoodmom04
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks again for posting, OP. My bag arrived today, and I am really impressed with the size of the samples. Lots of awesome brands too.

jam224
05-24-2013, 12:19 AM
I got my order today too! I really like the assortment of products, but I gotta admit, I'm a little conflicted about the ingredients. Several of them have parabens and a couple of them have BHT. Not too happy about that. :/

maiaann
05-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I received mine today. The products seem fine, but the case has an inch long tear in it where it was poorly stitched. Grrr! :mad: Is it worth being irritated over? I've never ordered anything from Sephora before, so I haven't a clue about their CS.

kellij
05-24-2013, 04:49 PM
I received mine today. The products seem fine, but the case has an inch long tear in it where it was poorly stitched. Grrr! :mad: Is it worth being irritated over? I've never ordered anything from Sephora before, so I haven't a clue about their CS.

Last year in came in a plastic train box. The year before that a cheap backpack-type thing. Both were worthless. I don't expect anything from the box/bag. That being said, sephora usually has great customer service, so if you want a new one, I would just contact them.

elbenn
05-24-2013, 04:59 PM

I think they do have good customer service, so I'm sure you could contact them. However, the value of the kit is really the items in it and the bag seems to be just a way to group them attractively.

maiaann
05-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Last year in came in a plastic train box. The year before that a cheap backpack-type thing. Both were worthless. I don't expect anything from the box/bag. That being said, sephora usually has great customer service, so if you want a new one, I would just contact them.

I think they do have good customer service, so I'm sure you could contact them. However, the value of the kit is really the items in it and the bag seems to be just a way to group them attractively.

:thanks:That's what I figure. I wasn't sure it was worth complaining over. It's just annoying to get something defective. I'll just let it go. ;)

Tinkerbell313
05-30-2013, 02:42 PM
I just received an email stating that the sun kit is back in stock.

lovebargains
05-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks! Use coupon code RMNSHIP for free ship over $25

oneontheway
05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Awesome, thank you for the update and the free ship code!!!!

I was ready to purchase before and was going to the store but according to the store they sold out in a matter of hours. And of course in the meantime they had also sold out online.

nebwhit
05-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. I was bummed to miss out as I got this years ago and loved it.

lexie's mom
05-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Also, thank you for informing us!

viba424
06-09-2013, 11:03 AM
How do you all like your kits since you've had them? We just recently remodeled my bathroom so after emptying the medicine cabinet and drawers I was reminded what an excessive amount of samples I have and will probably never use. That being said, I did buy one, its still in the box waiting for me to decide.

legaleagle
06-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I've only tried a few of the products yet but I like both of them, ESP the origins one.