PDA

View Full Version : $1000 off new Dodge Grand Caravan or Town & Country at Edmunds

larig
05-20-2013, 10:27 AM
As I've mentioned before we're in the market for a new minivan, and I've been doing TONS of research to make sure we get exactly what we want for a good price, as I know all of you bargain shoppers on the BBB would do too. I've been spending time at kbb.com and edmunds, etc.

Well, this morning, I went on edmunds and searched "town & country" from the home page and an offer came up that said it was an edmunds.com "special offer." It instructed me to sign up by email, then purchase the van (you have 30 days to do so), then complete some paperwork. It amounts to $1000 off your purchase price. You don't tell the dealer about this, because it comes off after the fact, and you don't work the special through the dealer, but through a website.

I'm a skeptic by nature, so I googled "edmunds special offer" to see if it was legit. I was happily surprised to see it mentioned on slick deals last year for a Camry. People were saying they purchased on the 4th of the month, sent in rebate on the 7th got check about 20 days later.

According to slick deals you don't want to have pop-ups blocked to get the alert for this, but I'm using safari on my mac and DO have pop-ups blocked. Hope this helps someone else!

ETA: offer text from edmunds:

About this offer:

You must sign up for offer prior to purchase of your minivan.
This offer is brought to you by Chrysler and Dodge, available only on Edmunds.com.
Can be combined with other Chrysler and Dodge offers.
Completing this form does not obligate you to purchase the minivan.
You will NOT be contacted by dealers.
Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package (AVP) models are not eligible for this offer.
This offer is non-transferable. Information submitted must match that of the buyer.

larig
05-20-2013, 10:48 AM
wanted to update...I think it also may appear as an add on the side of the page--click it!!! I'll report back how it all works in practice after we go through the purchase and rebate process.

Melaine
05-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Sounds like a great incentive! I hope you get a good deal....I'm so glad our van hunt is over, it was so time-consuming!

larig
05-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a great incentive! I hope you get a good deal....I'm so glad our van hunt is over, it was so time-consuming!

I hope so too. we were looking exclusively at used vans, but in our area, good deals on late-model vans just aren't out there. Most have pretty high miles, for small discounts off the new vans, so we decided to look at new, as it felt like a better deal for not much more money. Now it's a matter of finding what we want feature-wise.

Hope you're enjoying your new van!