PDA

View Full Version : Lotion recs for DD please.

trcy
05-20-2013, 08:04 PM
DD has dry & sensitive skin. I have to put lotion on her after her bath daily or she gets very dry & itchy. I had been useing Aveeno baby, but in light on the J&J info I think I should get something else. I would like to hear your recs for something not too expensive & available at most stores. TIA!

Tondi G
05-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Everyone in our household uses this lotion

http://www.albabotanica.com/body/body-moisturizers/unscented-original.html

wendibird22
05-20-2013, 08:14 PM
We use Vanicreme. The one that comes in a pump bottle. Love it for me and the kids.

lynsymae
05-20-2013, 08:15 PM
We use Lubriderm or Eucerin for our sensitive skinned girls.

gatorsmom
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Ok- some people think this is gross, but I use Vaseline only. I buy it in the squeeze tubes. I use it on myself and my DD who has eczema and psoriasis. It does a fantastic job of keeping the moisture on her skin without irritating her super sensitive skin. I use it on myself too as soon as I towel dry after a shower. I use a pea-sized dab, rub it around in my hand and then work it in. It does need a little more rubbing but I rarely feel greasy. And it's super cheap!

kbud
05-20-2013, 09:44 PM
My dd pedi derm suggested a list of lotions including Vanicream and Cerave. After the lotion apply plain old vaseline. We use Cerave (actually the CVS version it's cheaper) and the vaseline. It has made a huge difference. We use prescription creams as needed. Walgreens also has a generic version now too.

sntm
05-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Expensive, but I'm loving episcencial for baby's eczema. Soothing balm is better as a generic lotion and nurturing balm is messy but awesome

wallawala
05-20-2013, 11:38 PM
First of all..
Cream not Lotion. ( it will be noted on the label)

Vaseline petroleum jelly is only a sealant not a moisturizer, so best used as Gatorsmom does after shower (or on top of another cream first for a power burst). It is great for those with allergies as such a limited ingredient list.

Vanicream is awesome for those allergic to everything or if you dislike dyes, fragrances, parabens etc...

CeraVe and Curel have ceramides, which are an awesome additive- your body normally makes it to "glue" the bricks of you skin wall together. Many people don't make enough, so can help a lot.

Urea containing creams like Eucerin Intensive Plus help pull water into the skin and help dry rough skin fall off. High concentrations like "Flexitol Heel Balm" are great for elbows, knees, and heels- but too irritating for face. Love Flexitol, but it is THICK like a paste so best at night under socks.

I'm a moisturizer fanatic!!