PDA

View Full Version : Kid funnies

TwoBees
05-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Last night, DD put on two pairs of pajama shorts but refused to put on a shirt. As she pulled on the second pair of shorts, she told me "I'll be warmer this way." :hysterical:

Please share yours!

♥ms.pacman♥
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM
The other night as DH was tucking DS into bed, he asked him if he wanted another brother or sister. DS replied vehmently, "No!!" DH was surprised at the strong reaction and asked him why. Then he replied, "Because I like [DD]." Then DH realized that we said "another" DS thought he meant another sibling to replace DD. Aw. Much as they're at each other's throats they really do love each other.

BabbyO
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
This weekend we visited my parents who were watching my niece while my sister and BIL were out of town. The kids are 3.5 yo, 2 yo, and 20 mo. Stachio realized he could reach a low hanging branch on a maple tree and was shaking it an hanging on it (Dad said this was ok because he is going to remove the branch).

Anyway, while Stachio was shaking the branch, DN kept saying, "Stachio is shaking the coconuts out of the tree!"

BabbyO
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
The other night as DH was tucking DS into bed, he asked him if he wanted another brother or sister. DS replied vehmently, "No!!" DH was surprised at the strong reaction and asked him why. Then he replied, "Because I like [DD]." Then DH realized that we said "another" DS thought he meant another sibling to replace DD. Aw. Much as they're at each other's throats they really do love each other.

Aww...that is sweet!

AngB
05-21-2013, 10:19 AM
DS1 has just started talking a lot more. He likes pointing out the clocks everywhere he sees one, except he's not so good at pronouncing the "l" sound yet, so to a casual observer it may appear he is pointing and saying "cock".

His favorite phrases are "uh oh, I broke it" (as said when he pulled our curtain rod off the wall) and "There! All done!" (while wiping hands together). The other day he got in the kitchen and managed to dump an entire loaf of bread on the floor. His comment after doing it was "There! All done!"

Preschool starts in August! I can't wait!

PunkyBoo
05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
We were all talking the other night and I said something about how here on BBB we use DH to abbreviate "dear husband" but that if someone is mad at their husband they are just H or maybe FH (I was joking with my DH) and without even skipping a beat Punkin (my 9 y.o.) said "FAT husband!???! Ha ha ha! FAT husband! " :D

Made me breathe a sigh of relief as Punkin had just told DH last week that he knew some "bad" words that he's heard at school and admitting to hearing the f word and wanting to know what it meant.

lalasmama
05-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Loving these!

I don't think I posted when this happened. If I did, sorry for repeating it!

My older grandson (that still seems funny to say!) turned 2 last month, and we had his party at the local little pond area. His mom blew up 30 balloons, because what 2yo doesn't like balloons?! DGS was in hog heaven... until a bad wind started up, and had the balloons scattered in less than 3 minutes. Several balloons went into the pond, and there was no way to get them. (No flaming--wasn't my idea, and wasn't much I could do about it at that point!)

DGS, grabs my hand, pulling me towards the pond: B'oon! B'oon!
Me: The balloons are in the water! They must be taking a bath!
DGS, obviously more frustrated with a stupid adult: B'OON! B'OON!
Me: They are in the water.
DGS pushes me towards the water.
Me: You want grandma to go get soaked in the water to get your balloons?
DGS, pushing harder: YEAH!

hillview
05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
This morning the boys decided it was make up April Fools day for DH (he wasn't home for April Fools day). I STUPIDLY ignored this and went to make coffee and breakfast. I had to go upstaris to track the boys down for breakfast (rare). They had ALL (like 20 paid) of DH's underpants out and were squirting large amounts of dish soap INTO each one of them.

I was not happy. DH of course gamely put on a pair and all three boys were thrilled.

sunshine873
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
DS1 has just started talking a lot more. He likes pointing out the clocks everywhere he sees one, except he's not so good at pronouncing the "l" sound yet, so to a casual observer it may appear he is pointing and saying "cock".!

I can sympathize. DD said clock the same way. I felt like I never stopped explaining when she would tell everyone she talked to that she asked Santa for a "cock" and he brought her one! Ugh!

ahisma
05-21-2013, 11:10 AM
DS (4 yo) has taken to calling everyone by my (gender neutral) first name. Everyone.

I reminded him that he wasn't to call me by my first name. He said, "Okay then, little lady.":rotflmao:

bap_972
05-21-2013, 11:25 AM
When DS was around 2.5, maybe 3, he was coloring a picture and started to use the white crayon on white paper. I explained to him that he wouldn't really see the color, but he proceeded to color with it. After a minute he stared at the crayon, looked up at me and said, "Mama, I think this one needs new batteries."

The other day I received a postcard for a donation pickup in our area. I joked to DS that I didn't have anything to donate this time so maybe we could donate DS and ODD (3). DS (now 6) said, "No, I want to stay with you, let's just donate [ODD]."

YDD (now almost 5 months) spit up a little in front of DS about a month ago and it was a while after she ate. DS said " Mom, look, [YDD] is making cheese."

:rotflmao:

BabyBearsMom
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
DH and I went away for a long weekend and the girls were staying with MIL. I was face-timing with DD1 and had the following conversation:

Me: Are you being a good girl? If you are a good girl while we are gone, I will bring you a special prize.
MIL: Oh boy! What is grandma's prize?
DD1: Grandma, your prize is that you get to have DD2 and I sleep at your house

At least she understands her value :p

KLD313
05-21-2013, 11:36 AM
When DD turned 2 I was trying to teach her her age.

Me: DD how old are you? 2
DD: No response at all just looking at me
Me: DD how old are you? 2. You're 2. How old are you? Say 2! How old are you?
DD: Say 2

She still does except now when you ask her she says say 8. Lol

hillview
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
When DD turned 2 I was trying to teach her her age.

Me: DD how old are you? 2
DD: No response at all just looking at me
Me: DD how old are you? 2. You're 2. How old are you? Say 2! How old are you?
DD: Say 2

She still does except now when you ask her she says say 8. Lol
that is VERY funny

Gena
05-21-2013, 12:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago DS's teacher had to go out of town. DS said to me, "When the teacher is absent they send a substitute teacher. But why when students are absent they don't send substitute students?"

bigpassport
05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Me: Linus, did you know that not everyone likes to suck their thumb?
Linus: Yeah, like bad guys.

Kestrel
05-21-2013, 08:56 PM
My DS (3yo at the time) wanted something really bad, and was trying to get Grandma to hand it to him, as he couldn't reach it. We'd been working on please and thank you, so Grandma says "What's the magic word?"

DS stops, thinks a few seconds, and says "Bibbity - Bobbity - Boo!"

Too many movies at our house, apparently.

gatorsmom
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Sisi admitted to me the other day that a couple weeks ago when her twin brother had a couple of boys over from their preschool class, she showed them her private parts. After I stifled my horror at the thought of my sweet DD flashing a group of boys, i calmly said, "Sisi, remember I told you that you never show anyone your private parts or let anyone touch your privates. So, what did you show them, your breasts?" Sisi in an exasperated voice, "No mom, it was just my vulva!"

MSWR0319
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Sisi admitted to me the other day that a couple weeks ago when her twin brother had a couple of boys over from their preschool class, she showed them her private parts. After I stifled my horror at the thought of my sweet DD flashing a group of boys, i calmly said, "Sisi, remember I told you that you never show anyone your private parts or let anyone touch your privates. So, what did you show them, your breasts?" Sisi in an exasperated voice, "No mom, it was just my vulva!"

:rotflmao:

♥ms.pacman♥
05-21-2013, 11:02 PM
A couple of weeks ago DS's teacher had to go out of town. DS said to me, "When the teacher is absent they send a substitute teacher. But why when students are absent they don't send substitute students?"

haha, LOVE this! this sounds like something my DS would say when he's older.

petesgirl
05-22-2013, 12:03 AM
While DH and I were watching a TV show the other day, the channel played a clip from 'Old Yeller'. So that night I was singing the Old Yeller theme song to DS (2 yr). I sing the first part "Old Yeller..." and he chimes in "Come back Leller!" It is so cute! Then I finish...."best doggone dog in the west."
Well, today I said that we should call Grandma and sing it for her; his reply: "doggone grandma!"

BabbyO
05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Conversation at our house while DH was getting Stachio dressed this AM:

Stachio: "Daddy, I want some cereal."
DH: "Ok, but lets go get dressed first."
Stachio: "Ok. Daddy - I have toys in my pants - and a big snake!"

DH could barely contain himself - Stachio had actually stuffed a toy lizard, a flexible ruler and a stuffed snake in his PJ bottoms - he didn't have pockets.

AJP
05-22-2013, 09:38 AM
DS1 has just started talking a lot more. He likes pointing out the clocks everywhere he sees one, except he's not so good at pronouncing the "l" sound yet, so to a casual observer it may appear he is pointing and saying "cock".

Hilarious! This reminds me of the first pair of crocs my DD's had. They loved showing them off and saying "look at my cocks!!!" Lol
My DS likes to tell everyone. "Doggy Sasha focking!" Which he says like "f%#*^$&" instead of barking. My DH thinks they get their gutter mouth from me :bag:

hellokitty
05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Ds3 talks to his poop. Yup. When he flushes the toilet he waves, and says, "Bye, bye, poopy! Have a nice day, it was nice knowing you!" Then he laughs and says, "I talk to my poop!" Yes, he is such a boy!

Mommy_Mea
05-22-2013, 10:01 AM
At the kid's school they often learn a word in Spanish, and they note it on the daily log. I wish they would write the word in Spanish as well, so we could practice with the kids (I don't know much Spanish). So one evening, I was reviewing the log with 3 yo DS1, and saw they had learned how to say rabbit in Spanish. So I asked him "how do you say 'rabbit' in Spanish?"

He promptly replied "Rabbit in Spanish". :rotflmao: