PDA

View Full Version : S/O: 2010 BOB vs New Style

Mommy_Mea
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
If I understand correctly - Britax bought BOB, and I assume that prompted the style change from 2010 to the present style?

I just bought a revo duallie (so 2013?), looking at my friend's older style, I really like the old style better, it just looks much higher quality.

So I am curious, for those who have had the new style for a few years, how is it holding up? Did Britax cheap out?

I scored a great deal on my duallie, and paid less than what people are asking for well-loved pre-2010 duallies. But is it really comparable?

georgiegirl
05-22-2013, 09:24 AM
I have a 2011 that I bought almost 2 years ago and it's still in great condition. My sis has the older style and likes mine better.

legaleagle
05-22-2013, 10:14 AM
It was actually Britax that bought BOB.

Graco bought Teutonia & Aprica and I know there have been complaints about declining quality.

Mercuria
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Britax, not Graco, acquired BOB, and that happened in October 2011, so the current ones are, in fact, BOB-designed. You can see the Britax influence in the Motion, but the joggers are still BOB joggers.

Mommy_Mea
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Edited my post to make it Britax, not Graco. Should have done my research before posting ;)

Interesting that the changes to the style were made before the purchase, just a perception thing on my part then!

Mercuria
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Interesting that the changes to the style were made before the purchase, just a perception thing on my part then!

I understand the feeling. The older one was more utilitarian, like a MIL-SPEC thing: the kind of thing you expect to last forever under normal use with the proper care. The changes aren't really to cheap out, though. The plastic on the nose of the new one, for instance, makes it plastickier-looking, but actually serves to make it more durable (the older style suffered fabric wear and fading there). And while the hood draw string is less likely to wear out than Velcro is, the draw string had to be removed because it posed a strangulation hazard.

Like all things, there are still people for whom the older version will be a better fit (aesthetically or functionally), but I wouldn't feel bad at all, if I were you, about having the new one :)

kaharris83
05-22-2013, 03:33 PM
I just put my new(from the Kohl's sale) Duallie together last night. Previously I had an old style single, for about 2 years, and an old style Duallie for a few weeks. I was surprised when I put it together last night at the difference as well. In the end I'm glad I have the newer model because resale will be better when I'm done with it. And like I told my DH last night the warranty will cover any issues we have I'm sure.