PDA

View Full Version : 4 Moms Origami Stroller

Pilotbaby
05-22-2013, 04:11 PM
I know this is the best place to learn about strollers so I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and has any feedback? My Hubby just ordered it for us. We currently have the Uppa Baby Vista which we love but is a beast to fold and we are now getting ready to get our third frame due to multiple issues. I know we won't have the folding issue with this one but we are wondering what others think of it overall.
TIA

Pilotbaby
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
So, it looks like maybe no one here has tried this or has feedback. Does anyone have any other sites I can check out that might have active stroller groups like this one? I've already read the few threads on here where it is mentioned but no one in those threads had tried it yet either.
Thank you:)

legaleagle
05-23-2013, 10:11 AM
There are a couple active groups on FB strollerqueen strollerswap and stroller swappers BST - lots of overlap between the 2

doberbrat
05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Its a beast to pick up. It does have wheels so you can roll it along like a suitcase, but I wouldnt want to have to pick it up and put it in an suv. Other than that, seemed like a good stroller, decent seat, decent canopy if I recall. The real 'wow' factor for me was the fold otherwise, it didnt impress me all that much - though I didnt push with a baby in it.

wangstar
05-23-2013, 11:48 AM
The real 'wow' factor for me was the fold otherwise, it didnt impress me all that much - though I didnt push with a baby in it.

I agree. It's really cool but it still seemed beastly. (I too have a Vista and park it in a SUV)

DH really liked it fo the day time running lights and the suspensions (he's a car guy)

Kaylee31
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Never had one and never had any interest in it. IMO it's way too heavy (weighs more than the Vista) and expensive for a stroller that's not even reversible. It's just gimmicky. There are better choices out there for less money, with easy folds-- Bee or Versa if you want parent facing, BJCM or Avio if you don't need a reversible.

Still-in-Shock
05-23-2013, 11:58 AM
I read reviews about it several months ago, and I seem to remember that Dads liked it because of all the bells and whistles, but Moms generally saw nothing special other than the automatic fold. I'll see if I can find where that was.

Update: All the posts/threads about this were last year in the Mar-July time frame. Strollerqueen sums up her problems with this stroller in post 19 of this thread: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=436810&highlight=origami+stroller

KEEP IN MIND: everyone's needs are different. While the people in the thread I found werent thrilled with the Origami, it may be perfect for you.

Pilotbaby
05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone. It just came and I do love the fold. It is heavy though. The seat seems small to me but I can only compare it to the Vista. My husband bought it for us because I have such problems with the fold on the vista- this definitely solves that! lol

crl
05-23-2013, 06:42 PM
You'll have to let us know how you like it when you have used it!

Catherine

Pilotbaby
05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
You'll have to let us know how you like it when you have used it!

Catherine

We went for a walk last night and once I got used to the push, I kind of liked it. Love that it told us how far we walked too. The lack of storage wasn't a problem for walking but it could be for errands. No bar to attach a toy to during our walk but four cup holders! I like the sun screen but when it was down all the way, it blocked her view. If it wasn't down all the way, she had the sun on her. That may be the same with our Vista and I just never noticed. I have to look at it tonight when we walk. It doesn't look very comfortable because the seat seems small to me compared to the Vista but she seemed very happy!