PDA

View Full Version : Moms with special needs kids-How do you say thank you to your childs teachers?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-23-2013, 01:45 AM
I've been sitting looking at sheets of paper for awhile this evening, planning to write letters of recognition to my childrens teachers and resource teachers and I find myself welling up every time I try.

What they have done and do every year is more than I could ever hope to help my child accomplish on my own.DD1 and DS have both blossomed this year in so many ways.

And when I think that next year will be dd1's last year at our wonderful elementary school and we'll have to face the unknown winds of middle school it makes me want to never leave.

DS cried yesterday when I told him his first grade teacher wouldn't be his second grade teacher.

How do you say thank you and goodbye on the last day of school without turning into a weeping mess?

jacksmomtobe
05-23-2013, 06:03 AM
What they have done and do every year is more than I could ever hope to help my child accomplish on my own.DD1 and DS have both blossomed this year in so many ways.

I think the statement you made above would make a beautiful and simple note that would be very meaningfull to the Teachers. Maybe add some specific examples and I think they will truly be touched. i think I would just write a simple note and just plan to hand it to them with a quick verbal thank you.

bisous
05-23-2013, 07:00 AM
I think the statement you made above would make a beautiful and simple note that would be very meaningfull to the Teachers. Maybe add some specific examples and I think they will truly be touched. i think I would just write a simple note and just plan to hand it to them with a quick verbal thank you.

My mom and sister are teachers and I agree with this. This is what keeps them in the classrooms. They love to make a difference!