PDA

View Full Version : working out option with a 4 months old

wangstar
05-23-2013, 09:25 AM
How and what did you do for workout with your infant?

I've been thinking about getting a jogging stroller and get some home gym equipment so I'll be able to take the baby along for the workout so I don't have to worry about a sitter.

I've also considered going back to Crossfit or joining Equinox (just received an email special this morning - no initation fee)

SnuggleBuggles
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Joined a gym with babysitting.

wangstar
05-23-2013, 09:59 AM

i know Equinox has that option but I'm not yet comfortable about leaving him with someone that's not family.

blue
05-23-2013, 09:56 PM
How and what did you do for workout with your infant?

I've been thinking about getting a jogging stroller and get some home gym equipment so I'll be able to take the baby along for the workout so I don't have to worry about a sitter.

I've also considered going back to Crossfit or joining Equinox (just received an email special this morning - no initation fee)

DS2 just turned 5 months old, and I get exercise by taking him on long stroller walks with DS1 walking with me. We don't have any gyms with daycare in town, so this is the best solution for me right now. You could also try work out tapes at home on the TV OP.

westwoodmom04
05-24-2013, 08:15 AM

I second this option. I understand if you are initially nervous, but it doesn't take long to get use to the luxury of a baby-free workout and post-workout shower. Most gyms have low caregiver to baby ratios, and at least at my gym, most of the people who work in the kid's club are moms.

SnuggleBuggles
05-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I second this option. I understand if you are initially nervous, but it doesn't take long to get use to the luxury of a baby-free workout and post-workout shower. Most gyms have low caregiver to baby ratios, and at least at my gym, most of the people who work in the kid's club are moms.

Exactly. I admit that I never really got nervous about leaving my dc. At my gym, there are monitors up so you can watch what is going on, they are right down the hall...you can just do a 20 minute workout to start and then work up. It is worth a try, imo.

Pilotbaby
05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Look at the Stroller Strides website. They have group work outs in many cities where you bring your baby and work out outside with other moms!