PDA

View Full Version : ISO beach towel and bag gift

lexie's mom
05-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I was thinking about giving my DD's teacher a saltwater canvas bag and a beach towel. The bags are about $30 and would like to find a cheap but good quality towel. Any ideas or other suggestions to put on the bag.

Babymakes3
05-23-2013, 07:25 PM
I ordered our teachers LL Bean canvas bags this morning since they are on sale. I'm looking for things to put in them too! I don't mind spending more than usual since there are only 2 and my son has been with them in speech for 2 years now and now he's leaving.

lexie's mom
05-23-2013, 09:55 PM
I was also looking at the LL a bean one. I guess I better decide soon. I think I am stalling since I don't know what o put inside, yet. I wish I looked into the Sephora skincare package. Need inspiration...

lexie's mom
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Got the ll Bean tote and this beach towel:
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1169467/the-big-one-striped-beach-towel.jsp
It was $10, thought it was a good price

PMJ
05-24-2013, 01:45 PM
You could put some $5 gift cards to a few places, snack items (granola bars, gold fish or something), nice water bottle, candy, bookmarks, books.

Some of these are hard if you don't know the teachers well, but after 2 yrs, you might know their tastes.

Have fun!

PMJ
05-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Got the ll Bean tote and this beach towel:
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1169467/the-big-one-striped-beach-towel.jsp
It was $10, thought it was a good price

I should've bought this towel when I had my 30% coupon !! darn!

lexie's mom
05-24-2013, 10:53 PM
@ PMJ, thanks, I totally did not think of that! That is a great idea. I also got one for DD's school nurse since she was a frequent flyer this year and I can also put in sunscreen.

I also wished I bought the towels when they were on sale and had free shipping but I was at Costco today and they had Kirkland beach towels for (I think) $12.

Lastly, I was cleaning out the mail pile and saw an LL bean catalog and looked through it. There was an offer for 15 percent off any order. I called and they were able to adjust the price. All I had to do was mention that I had the code and they adjusted it without even asking for the code.