PDA

View Full Version : Snap 4 and Valco Stroller Roller Review Post-Trip

bhnapa
05-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Ladies! Just back from our first summer trip to Mexico. We took our new Snap 4 and it was perfect!

First, as you know, I compared the Snap 4 and Snap 3 and really happy with our choice (my thoughts on those are in my other post).

Here are the pros:
-easy to push with one hand
-good size storage bin
-easy to fold and carry with carry strap, also fits on xray at airport
-really light weight - I was able to carry it down stairs during fire alarm unfolded no problem
-not too big of a footprint
-almost flat recline (baby slept in it no problem) and pretty upright seat - easy to adjust both ways (i did not find the fact that the foot rest does not adjust to be an issue for my 7 month old as she still is able to have her legs on the seat part when she sleeps)
-good size canopy
-easy brake
-has car seat adaptor option

Cons
-the harness is ridiculously hard to adjust, i still haven't figure it out!
-no drink holder, but i guess that's normal on this size stroller
-lots of Valco Snap 4 signage all over it, its kind of obnoxious! Not a deal breaker but just an FYI

All in all, we were so happy with the stroller and had no complaints

On the other hand, we bought the Universal Stroller Roller bag from Valco bc they said it would fit this and all of their other strollers. It does not. The wheels pretty much rub against the bag no matter which way you do it so you are essentially just dragging it behind you, not good for the wheels or the bag! I think its really meant for bigger strollers. And, if the stroller roller is meant for gate checking, then its just too much to do at the gate - it has to be totally laid out on the ground and you essentially wrap the stroller in there. Not an easy gate check solution. Because of these issues, we didn't use the stroller roller at all and just brought a big trash bag for gate checking and the stroller roller will be going back.

I ordered a JJ Childress gate check bag so we will see how that one does.

Let me know if you have questions.

B

Kissmark
05-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the post! And yeah I agree with you on all your points, although I have the 3. The harness adjustment is a pain in the butt! So far I don't need to do it too often so it's been okay. But when I have a second child in the future and want to use the Snap for both of them then it could be a problem since I cannot tighten or loose the harnes so easily. No drink holder sucks when on vacation, so we just got that cheap Diorno console thing. And warning tags everywhere on the stroller!

Last time I traveled with the stroller the airline had a plastics bag for it at the gate check. Is it not the same for all the airlines? If so I will start bringing my own trash bags. Please let us know how the JJ Childress one works. By the way I read on Amazon that the JJChildress car seat bag could be a better fit for a stroller this size than their stroller bag.

bhnapa
05-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Oh good to know about the bag, thanks. I will see how it fits this week and if not, i will try the other one. United didn't have a bag for us....