PDA

View Full Version : Storing DVDs in Expedit?

StantonHyde
05-24-2013, 07:27 PM
We are moving the old tv into the playroom. I want to store the kids DVDs in the Expedit. Is there an insert that will let me store 2 layers of DVDs? One on top of the other? Sort of like cutting the cube in half orizontally? I could do it without the insert but then every time you took out. A DVD, the upper one would fall down into the slot left by the lower one. Is that just as easy?.

legaleagle
05-26-2013, 09:08 AM
So you want them lying on their sides, labels out, not lined up like books? Have you checked the container store?

StantonHyde
05-26-2013, 10:07 PM
no, sorry, I knew that would be confusing.

I want them lined up like books, but I essentially want to add a shelf in the middle of the expedit cube because I am thinking I can have a lower and upper row. Maybe I should try it first to see if they fit that way!! But it seems like a waste of space to have one row of DVDs and then all this extra space on top.

Snow mom
05-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I doubt that the shelf is high enough to allow two rows with the labels facing out. I'm too tired to go down and check. We just got little shells from the kitchen section of ikea that I bet would fit the bill in terms of dividing the cubby in half.

lalasmama
05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
We use the fabric drawers, and then load the DVD boxes spine up in the drawer. A lot of wasted space, for sure, but I prefer the look of the drawers.

StantonHyde
05-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I think I am going to have to use the drawers. Can you stack 2 drawers on top of each other?