PDA

View Full Version : Zero chemical carpet and sofa cleaners - do they exist??

nmosur
05-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Is there a steam cleaning service that uses no chemicals but only steam. I don't think my steam cleaner is getting the job done (more like I am not doing a good job). What are the questions I should ask??

Thanks!

athompson
05-25-2013, 08:49 AM
You can ask most companies to just use steam. Most are happy to oblige and will tell you that the hot steam is what gets most of the dirt out anyway.

BDKmom
05-25-2013, 08:58 AM
We have used a company called Zerorez and have been pleased with the results. I don't know how widespread they are, but you could google Zerorez and your city to see if there are any near you.

mackmama
05-27-2013, 12:53 AM
I'd also love this info thanks!

lalasmama
05-27-2013, 01:29 AM
We have Zerorez here too (looks like the PP is from the SE, and I'm in the NW.)

I used a place called Green Clean, and they are steam only, unless you ask them to pretreat with chemicals. They pretreated one area for us, and every stain came out without a problem. In the future, we'll do steam only--seemed to work well, and cheaper than most of the chain carpet cleaner specials!

mackmama
05-27-2013, 09:47 AM
We have Zerorez here too (looks like the PP is from the SE, and I'm in the NW.)

I used a place called Green Clean, and they are steam only, unless you ask them to pretreat with chemicals. They pretreated one area for us, and every stain came out without a problem. In the future, we'll do steam only--seemed to work well, and cheaper than most of the chain carpet cleaner specials!

Is green clean a different company than zerorez?

lalasmama
05-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Is green clean a different company than zerorez?

Yes, they are completely different companies.