PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller for WDW

1mom2dylan
05-26-2013, 01:29 AM
My 4 year old hasn't ridden in a stroller for over a year but I think he may need it at Disney. I have a Mac Quest and a BJCM. Which would be best for a large 4 year old in Disney.
I'm undecided because the Quest seems like it would be more compact, lighter to travel with but is very tippy. the BJCM is wider but I can hang a bag from it or store stuff underneath. For someone reason I feel like the Quest is more appropriate for a big kid ( less babyish ). But the BJCM might be better to store stuff (I have the lunch cooler accessory for it). I wish the Quest wasn't so tippy, since he would be getting in and out often I assume.

kaharris83
05-26-2013, 08:43 AM
I vote BJCM as it holds more and has a great sunshade.

egoldber
05-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I would take the smallest stroller you can. You want something light, easily maneuverable, and easy to fold for the buses. For one 4 year old, I would not plan to bring in a lot of things to the park. Remember that anything in the stroller has to be taken out for the buses.

BayGirl2
05-26-2013, 09:47 AM
I vote BJCM as it holds more and has a great sunshade.

:yeahthat:
And has a better push and higher handlebar. I could not push an umbrella stroller around WDW, they are so uncomfortable to me. We had a BJCam double and it was great. I would have preferred air tires, I would not have downgraded to a Quest.

1mom2dylan
05-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Do you think it would be better to rent a Disney park stroller?

BayGirl2
05-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Do you think it would be better to rent a Disney park stroller?

I wouldn't. They are hard plastic, no recline, small storage and not much canopy. They also can't be taken from the park. And they cost more than renting a BJCM from the off-site places. I can see maybe grabbing one if you have an older child who only needs one for a few hours at the end of the day, but I wouldn't want it as my main stroller. My 4 yo needed to ride home, we would have been carrying him if we only had a rental. Does your kid nap in the stroller or will you be taking an afternoon break? We tend to stay in the parks all day so our 4yo napped in the stroller every day.

That said I see a ton of them in the park so apparently a lot of people don't mind them.

crl
05-26-2013, 02:02 PM
We did an umbrella (Cybex Onyx) for our then seven month old. It was a great choice because the narrow fold worked best on the bus. It was also easy to get around in the crowds.

Since you will be staying at a monorail resort the folded size is not as important for you as it was for us staying at the Wilderness (you don't have to fold strollers on the monorail--at least we never did) . Also the BJCM canopy would be awfully nice for the hot summer days.

I would probably take the BJCM unless you plan to use the buses a lot.

Catherine

1mom2dylan
05-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks, I'll take the BJCM.

spunkybaby
05-27-2013, 08:42 PM
I would take the smallest stroller you can. You want something light, easily maneuverable, and easy to fold for the buses. For one 4 year old, I would not plan to bring in a lot of things to the park. Remember that anything in the stroller has to be taken out for the buses.

:yeahthat: Even though you're staying at the Poly, you will need to take the bus to DHS and AK. Unfortunately, the monorail does not go everywhere, and one great thing about the Poly is the ability to bus back to the TTC and walk from there.

edurnemk
05-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I hated pushing an umbrella stoller (Chicco Liteway, similar to the Quest) with my almost 4 yo at WDW, so I vote BJCM. Also the canopy is way better.

I would not, in a million years, rent a park stroller. They're awful, and they're expensive! I'd much prefer renting a nice stroller (BJCE or BJCM) from the external rental places that take them to your hotel.

BayGirl2
05-27-2013, 09:58 PM
:yeahthat: Even though you're staying at the Poly, you will need to take the bus to DHS and AK. Unfortunately, the monorail does not go everywhere, and one great thing about the Poly is the ability to bus back to the TTC and walk from there.

That is true. Plan on monorail to MK and Epcot, buses to the other parks. However in our 6 days we found we spent 2 days loading/unloading the stroller on buses, the rest of the week we took the monorail. We had a BJCMD with 2 kids and 2 adults and managed fine on the buses. DH took the stroller, I took the kids. So with 2 adults and 1 kid and a BJCM single I really wouldn't even factor in bus folding as a big issue. You'll be pushing 95% of the time and loading for 5% so go with what you are most comfortable with.

1mom2dylan
05-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Are strollers usually parked outside of restaurants/stores or do you take them in?

acmom
05-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Are strollers usually parked outside of restaurants/stores or do you take them in?

They have stroller parking in designated locations outside restaurants/ shows/rides etc. There are some places you can take them in, but the majority of the time you have to park them and leave them.