PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Big Sister present for nearly 3 yo?

TxCat
05-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm starting to think about presents for DD to "exchange" with her new sister in August. For DD's present to newborn sister, I'm thinking about this: http://www.amazon.com/Gund-Baby-Comfycozy-Lopsy-Blanket/dp/B0012XRTK8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369620193&sr=8-1&keywords=gund+comfy+cozy+lamb

But, I'm kind of stumped for something for DD to receive from her new sister. DD already has several baby dolls and associated baby stuff, so I'm not looking to go that route. But, I can't come up with other ideas. Any suggestions?

kaharris83
05-26-2013, 10:35 PM
We gave DS1 a camera so he could take pictures of the new baby. It is the FP Kid Tough See Yourself camera so he can take pictures of himself too.

JBaxter
05-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Are you looking for a keepsake? How about starting a charm bracelet with Big Sister charm? Toy item.... Tea set or leappad.

I will also suggest you get a bunch ( Im talking 20 or so) small things I had boys and used match box cars maybe toy bracelets rings necklaces etc for girls. Wrap them individually and when she is having a bad day I played Find the present with #1 and #3. Jealousy will happen seemed like about 2 weeks in for mine. I would tuck the wrapped present under a sofa , rug, pillow etc and they would hunt for it and get to unwrap it. Its really hard to see the new baby get held nursed diapered even if they try to understand. I would also keep them for when someone showed up w/ a gift for the baby and didn't bring something for the bigger child.

Charlie
05-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Maybe stuff to keep her occupied while you're busy with the baby? Some ideas:
-aqua doodle (and since it's just water she wouldn't have to be closely supervised)
-color wonder or water wow products
-sticker books or maybe beginner sticky mosaics
-Alex also makes some cute and relatively mess free craft kits for 3 year olds

elbenn
05-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Do you have magnatiles? That would be something that would occupy your DD.