PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for putting out garage sale items without tables?

acmom
05-27-2013, 09:21 AM
We are having a garage sale next weekend and I have a TON of stuff...clothes, toys, household stuff. We have one or two small tables we can use and one big ladder to hang stuff (hoping to find sawhorses to put under ladder to maximize hanging space), but that's it.

Is it worth it to rent or buy other folding tables? Other ideas for ways to put stuff out? We get a lot of wind so I am a little hesistant about using too many tarps/sheets on the ground. I'm afraid I would end up chasing them all day.

lhafer
05-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I only have 1 small table that I use. Otherwise I put stuff in labeled bins. Clothes or $X go in one bin, shoes for $X in a bin, etc. I don't do a lot of garage sales. Good luck with yours!

crl
05-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Can you borrow tables?

Kids clothes can go in boxes, all the same price in the same box.

Catherine

wendibird22
05-27-2013, 01:43 PM
A friend used sheets and large blankets on her grass and driveway.

AngelaS
05-27-2013, 02:29 PM
As a frequent garage saler, your stuff will sell better on tables or hanging than if you make people dig thru bins or pick stuff up off the ground. I've made tables from sawhorses and plywood or stacked up my empty Rubbermaid bins and put an old door on top of them.

mikala
05-27-2013, 03:30 PM
As a frequent garage saler, your stuff will sell better on tables or hanging than if you make people dig thru bins or pick stuff up off the ground. I've made tables from sawhorses and plywood or stacked up my empty Rubbermaid bins and put an old door on top of them.

I agree. I'm usually wearing a baby while I shop so I don't mess with floor bins.

I have seen several sales lately where sellers laid out toys and shoes on sheets on the ground and that is fine. The only issue is that my three year old wants to test all the toys.

Kestrel
05-27-2013, 08:22 PM
We ran some rope between a ladder and a light fixture on the house, and then put hangers on the rope - worked great!

twowhat?
05-27-2013, 08:44 PM
We ran some rope between a ladder and a light fixture on the house, and then put hangers on the rope - worked great!

Growing up this is what my parents did. You can probably get creative and get a couple rows of hanging clothes this way. You can also hang rope along the fence and hang clothes that way. If you can borrow/rent folding tables though, it will go a long way.

If you have old shower curtain rods, put them across the backs of 2 chairs and you can hang that way (face the chairs inward, otherwise they may tip). You could also conceivably do this with brooms, rakes, anything with a long handle:)