PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Donating bras!

AngB
05-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Backstory: When we were overseas with the military, we had VERY little bra selection and so I ordered a lot online. They didn't fit, but it wasn't worth shipping to send them back, so they've traveled with us and been in my underwear drawer for several years now, still look brand new and haven't even been worn. (I thought maybe someday, but 3 pregnancies later, no way!)

I was about to just donate to Goodwill or toss them because I need the space in my drawer, but I think goodwill throws them away anyway, so I hit Google and found an organization that collects bras and uses the collection/donations to help victims of sex trafficking get jobs. They are a 501(3)c. I'm out a little money to ship them but that's fine by me if they will go to a good cause.
http://freethegirls.org/

candaceb
05-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Thank you for posting this! I recently cleaned out my lingerie drawer and I have a whole pile of barely worn pre-pregnancy bras that I was intending to figure out how to donate.

94bruin
05-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Backstory: When we were overseas with the military, we had VERY little bra selection and so I ordered a lot online. They didn't fit, but it wasn't worth shipping to send them back, so they've traveled with us and been in my underwear drawer for several years now, still look brand new and haven't even been worn. (I thought maybe someday, but 3 pregnancies later, no way!)

I was about to just donate to Goodwill or toss them because I need the space in my drawer, but I think goodwill throws them away anyway, so I hit Google and found an organization that collects bras and uses the collection/donations to help victims of sex trafficking get jobs. They are a 501(3)c. I'm out a little money to ship them but that's fine by me if they will go to a good cause.
http://freethegirls.org/

Thanks for posting this. I had put aside some bras to donate to a local women's shelter. If they won't take them, then I'll mail them to this charity.

Globetrotter
05-30-2013, 02:00 PM
thanks!

Soma collects them for donation, too, or at least they did as of a few months ago.