PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide

DietCokeLover
05-27-2013, 08:53 PM
DH's bday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I am thinking of getting him something nicer than what we normally do for gifts. We were hoping to take a trip for our 10th anniversary this year, but with my parents' multiple health issues, I don't see us being able to go anywhere anytime soon. Help me decide....

1. Keurig. He likes coffee, but he is so easy going about his coffee. Does not do fancy drinks. Is happy with a brew of Folgers. So, I am wondering if I want to turn my easy going coffee drinker into a more high maintenanced one. (I don't like coffee, so it would not benefit me to have the Keurig.)

2. Mini Ipad. He has an iphone and uses our laptop quite a bit. But, he enjoys playing a few games on my ipad that his older generation phone won't do.

3. I'm open to suggestions.

ShanaMama
05-27-2013, 09:21 PM
If he's not into coffee, don't get a Keurig. Says the girl who shoul get a commission for the amount of people I convinced to get a Keurig. We got it because we were both buying coffee daily. If he's more of a gadget guy a mini iPad sounds great.

Beckylove
05-27-2013, 09:26 PM
How much coffee does he drink a day? DH and I have 1-2 cups so I think the kuerig is awesome. If he drinks more, then the kuerig get expensive.

twowhat?
05-27-2013, 09:29 PM
I voted iPad Mini!! DH spends a LOT of time on his ipad (AND he has a 7-inch tablet too on top of that). If your DH has an iphone and a laptop but no tablet, you will turn him into a watch-movies-in-bed junkie with something like the iPad Mini:)

TwinFoxes
05-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Well, there's a pretty big price difference between a mini and a Keurig. I use my mini constantly, I love it, despite the fact I have an iPhone 5. The Keurig is awesome, but I only use it twice a day. However, I don't think you have to be a coffee snob to enjoy a Keurig, kind of the opposite really. The super high end, grind your own $20 beans people don't use a Keurig. And he can get Folgers k-cups. :)

ABO Mama
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
The keurig will take up counter space, while the ipad won't. Ipad for sure!

ncat
05-27-2013, 10:57 PM
DH got himself a smaller Green Egg for his birthday two years ago, and we have all been enjoying what he makes on it.

AnnieW625
05-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I bought DH a Keurig for our anniversary and we really like it. DH doesn't like frou frou coffee and likes something that brews a quick cup. I also like that it brews only just enough coffee. I don't like reheated coffee so I would never reheat it and waste what I wasn't using. I started buying daily coffee as well and I have really cut back on that habit unless I have a gift card these days.

We have the Cuisinart version (http://www.amazon.com/kitchen-dining/dp/B0034J6QIY) and got it at Costco, but I believe they aren't carrying it anymore.