PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the 8hr diet?

janine
05-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Another fad I'm sure, but I read about it recently - supposedly you can lose weight if you only eat within an 8hr window (9-5 for example). You can eat whatever during that time. Curious if anyone considered it. I would have a tough time with the no eating after 5pm seeing how I work full time, but maybe if I shifted it down a few hours. Not sure if it allows liquids other than water outside those hours. Don't think I could give up coffee in the morning!

daisysmom
05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
I do some intermittent fasting which is some of the same principles. Basically I have read some articles about it suggesting to start with only eating within a 12 hour window (so from 6:30-630 is easy for me). I would like to get that to a 10 hour window regularly but I am not sure I could do 8. I do believe a lot that I read about intermittent fasting though.

janine
05-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I think I can manage 8hrs if I start at noon and can have coffee outside the window. I'm going to give it a try.....I tend to not eat breakfast so maybe it's doable.

sidmand
05-28-2013, 08:10 PM
I do it mostly. But I tend to eat that way (almost) naturally. It actually helped me not snack in front of the TV at night and stop eating a few hours before bedtime. I didn't find it helped much with weight loss but I did/do like overall how I felt. But I am doing it in combination with other things and so I'm not sure what's actually working.

zukeypur
05-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I did the 5-2 intermittent fasting and promptly gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks.

janine
05-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I did the 5-2 intermittent fasting and promptly gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks.

Eeek. It seems that some lose fast and others gain, there's not much in between. I'm going to try the 8hrs the full 7 days and see what happens after 2 wks. If I haven't dropped one oz I will assume it's another bogus fad.

I tend to not eat for long periods and then have meals so this won't be too hard but I do have the weakness of snacking after 8pm and I stay up late cleaning (and the snacks keep me company)l. So this might help with elminating that. I'll report back if I'm not passed out from no breakfast..haha.

mommy111
05-30-2013, 12:38 AM
It usually works if you're sensible in your eating patterns, and don't eat chocolate cake in the 8hrs. It was somewhat natural for me because I don't like breakfast and shift things down because of that

essnce629
05-30-2013, 04:10 AM
I do this naturally. I'm not a big breakfast fan and don't usually eat till close to noon and don't snack at night.

BUT, while I did my Whole30, I did eat every morning and actually lost weight from eating a lot more food than I normally do. I ate breakfast (often leftovers along with berries and coconut milk), lunch, and dinner every day and dropped down to 125lbs. Off of Whole30, when I naturally fast, my weight is 128-130lbs.