PDA

View Full Version : Date night ideas?

BDKmom
05-28-2013, 09:27 AM
We have found a great babysitter who is a college kid home for the summer, so we are planning to take advantage of her services as much as we can while she is home. So far we have her scheduled to come one night a week so that DH and I can have date nights. I am super excited to have this available to us, but I need ideas on things to do. Last week we did dinner and a movie, which we always enjoy, but I don't want to do this every week. The sitter comes at 7:30 (after the kids are in bed) and usually during the week, so we don't want to be out too late (probably 10:30-11 max). What are your favorite ways to spend a casual date night?

boolady
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
bookstore browsing and coffee
out for a glass of wine or dessert
a nice walk, in warmer weather
movie and coffee/dinner

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Mini golf
See if there are any outdoor organizations near by that offer organized neighborhood walks, hikes, biking, or kayaking.
Make a list of every restaurant you've wanted to try and at least pop in for an appetizer or dessert. Or decide to try all of the ones with great outdoor space.
Free summer concerts in the park.

misshollygolightly
05-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Here's a list of some ideas I thought of (some are free; others more $$):

wine or beer tasting at a local winery/brewery
cooking lesson
mini golf, go karts, bowling, lazer tag, arcade
local sports event (minor league baseball, etc.)
evening hike/walk (maybe in a park, garden, forest, riverfront, etc...depending on your location)
go to the gym together
dollar/cheap movie theater
civic/community live theater or music production
check local college campuses for upcoming events
drive through burger joint
drive-in movie (if you have one near you)
go shopping together for something you need or want
go for a bike ride
meet up with some friends for a double-date (maybe drinks or pizza)
pack a picnic dessert and go to a scenic spot