PDA

View Full Version : Menu ideas for birthday party

DualvansMommy
05-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Need some ideas as to what provide for a 2 year old birthday party??

It'll be a cookout in my backyard with bubble machine, different wading pools around my yard for the little ones.

As for food, I'll be providing hamburgers for the adults with condiments, potato salad ad corn. So for 2-4 years old??

Hot dogs, cut up watermelon, corn? What are good sides that little kids will eat in a cookout??

Any tips and advice will be so helpful!

TwoBees
05-28-2013, 11:32 AM
I would add chicken nuggets and some sort of cracker (like Goldfish or Annie's).

boolady
05-28-2013, 11:33 AM
I'd probably make some chicken nuggets, as well, and have Pirate Booty and vegetable and fruit trays.

crl
05-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Well, I wouldn't bother with chicken nuggets and I would add homemade Mac n cheese for all (crockpot Mac n cheese is good!). Maybe one more kind of fruit?

Catherine

boolady
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Well, I wouldn't bother with chicken nuggets and I would add homemade Mac n cheese for all (crockpot Mac n cheese is good!). Maybe one more kind of fruit?

Catherine

Mac and cheese is another good idea. I was just thinking of some other option besides just hot dogs.

BDKmom
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM

Catherine

:yeahthat: I was gonna suggest some kind of pasta salad, but mac n cheese would be good, too. For fruit, I would do strawberries or pineapples, but that would be because my kid is weird about melons. The rest of what you have planned sounds good. Like PP mentioned, I would have goldfish or something similar on hand.

DualvansMommy
05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks all!

We're doing Mac & cheese, marinated chicken, fruit skewers (always a hit with the kiddies) hot dogs and sliders for burgers. That way, the kiddies can have a "burger" without it being too much.

We're serving corn as well along with potato salad and a veggie tray.

All set now! Gonna be a scorcher this sat with 90 degrees.