PDA

View Full Version : Seat for infant?

kaharris83
05-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Where do you put your baby while you cook or when you need to do something requiring hands? DS2 decided he likes to sit straight up in the RocknPlay so it has to be retired. I loved how portable it is. He associates the highchair with food so he gets upset if he's not eating when we put him in it. So that won't work for us. We have a split level so easy portability is a plus.

BDKmom
05-28-2013, 12:09 PM
With DS, I used this a lot:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-3-Stage-Super-Booster-Seat/10978943

DD won't stay in anything for long, but that contained DS quite well. For DD, we have this on the fridge and park her in front of it and it keeps her occupied for a bit:

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Fridge-Farm-Magnetic-Animal/dp/B0001X0DR6

My DD is a little older than your little one, though, so that may not work for another couple of months.

rin
05-28-2013, 12:28 PM
I usually just put her on the floor with a bunch of toys around her. If I can't have her underfoot, I'll put a baby gate up for containment.

I've also been guilty of putting her in the high chair with a handful of Cheerios to keep her busy . . .

BabyBearsMom
05-28-2013, 12:33 PM
If I was home alone with the kids, I wore DD2 in a moby or let her play on her play mat while I was cooking. I had a bouncy seat as well but she would only sit in it when she was sleeping.

edurnemk
05-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Actually that's the only use our Vista gets nowadays, LOL, I sit DD in it and push her to the kitchen or wherever. If not she goes in the excersaucer or play pen, I have the excersaucer in my room, and the play pen in the family room, so there's always somewhere to put her in in each area of the house.

Liziz
05-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I usually just put her on the ground with toys around her. Initially w/ a blanket under her, but as she got a bit mobile, she'd just roll or scootch off it anyways, so then she just got set directly on the ground.