PDA

View Full Version : s/o: do you buy the extra printed photos?

AnnieW625
05-28-2013, 12:05 PM
If you go to a store to have photos taken like Target, JC Penney, Picture People, Kiddie Kandids, etc. do you buy the photos? I have usually bought some of them because I have liked them and we end up using them. WDYD?

klwa
05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
DH bought them one time when I sent him in by himself. And I got them one other time when they gifted them to me. (They asked if they could use DS's infant pictures in a contest & I agreed, so they gifted me the bonus sheets.)

jgenie
05-28-2013, 02:01 PM
I have bought them once I believe. I generally don't buy them though.

Zukini
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
For regular prints, back in the day when we used real film lol, I would leave them and have the price adjusted. Now with digital, I'm much more specific which ones I upload to print so I usually just pick up the whole packet with a scarce glance to make sure they're all in there.

The only exception was we did holiday portraits at Target last year and they printed up all these extra sheets of us - for no other reason but to upsell. Well we didn't want them or need them. The photo clerk said they keep them to show other people what options they offer. Well I pitched a fit and demanded they be destroyed in front of me, which she did. With the severe lack of privacy we all suffer from these days, I had great issues with them using my personal pictures for marketing or whatever random usage in the store. Needless to say I will not be using Target again for holiday photos, coupon de da*ned.