PDA

View Full Version : Spiralizer anyone

tabegle
05-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Amazon has this (http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1369768685&sr=1-1&keywords=spiralizer) spiralizer on sale again for $22.49 (I bought it a couple weeks ago at $26).

This gadget is so fun! Though, I must admit I haven't used it for anything but apples yet. I really need to get to the store to buy zucchini to make spaghetti and see how the kids do with dinner.

Blue Hydrangea
05-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Looks fun! I don't have one, but I do have an old school apple machine (corer, peeler, slicer) that works similarily. Never thought about using it for anything else, but maybe I could pop a few veggies in and how it goes? I wouldn't make the spaghetti type spirals, but it could be interesting.

Suebell
05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for posting; we've been wanting one of these!

ang79
05-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Ooh, that does look like a fun gadget! Other than making veggie noodles, what else could I use it for?

tabegle
05-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Lol! See, I was hoping to sell you all on it so then you could come up with good recipes for me! :)

I did end up making the zucchini pasta noodles tonight and the kids ate it up like regular spaghetti. I tried googling for recipes, but I keep coming up with "raw food" ideas. And that's great, but I still need fast, easy, and kid approved.

The zucchini noodles though, I think that's a great sell alone for anyone with a gluten intolerance. And I totally am going to make this for my diabetic FIL because it's low starch.

ang79
05-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Is it a pain to clean? I never use my food processor because I hate disassembling it and cleaning all the parts......

tabegle
05-28-2013, 11:26 PM
As long as you clean it as soon as you're done with it (so, not dried on) it's really easy to wash. Dried on, you might want to take a little scrubber to it.

This is a mostly plastic item. When I picked the box up from my porch after the USPS person, I literally thought the box was empty; it was that light.

winter75
05-30-2013, 04:40 AM
I bought this in November when Hip2Save posted about it. My kids were not crazy about the zucchini noodles but I only tried it once. I need to try it again. I have used it to spiral cut zucchini noodles to put into a zucchini brownie recipe that I found on allrecipes.com. I roughly cut the spirals into smaller pieces. I'm looking for more ideas too.

ang79
05-30-2013, 10:27 PM
I made zucchini noodles for myself last night (trying to eat gluten free) and let the girls try them (they were having regular noodles w/ meat sauce) and they really liked them, ate a bunch plain, funny girls! I just used a veggie peeler and made ribbons and cooked slightly (so not so much a noodle consistency but still yummy w/ meat sauce and parm. cheese on top). I have the spiralizer sitting in my cart at Amazon, but am trying to decide if I'll really use it much or if I should just get a julienne peeler......

applebutter
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
I bought this a couple weeks ago, my kids love it. I've done zuchinni noodles w/pesto and cucumber/carrot salad.