PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell? What should I get?

BabyBearsMom
05-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Currently we own:
BJCM
MacLaren Volo
and Britax B-Ready with second seat

I find that we are almost never using the B-Ready anymore. DD1 prefers to walk just about anwhere we go and the B-Ready is just too much of a beast to use as a single for DD2. I was eyeing a Bee+ with the rider board at the mall a couple of weeks ago and DH suggested that I sell the BJCM and the B-Ready and buy a Bee+ with the board. I'm very tempted (I have always wanted a Bee) but I'm worried that then I will have two indoor only strollers and nothing for outside. We don't jog or go off roading etc., but we do take walks in the neighborhood (good sidewalks). Would the Bee be a total fail for neighborhood walks or could we make do? Is there another small foot-print option that you can use with a rider board that I should be thinking about? Will I regret not having a seat for DD1 when we are on longer outtings (zoo etc.)? FTR, I WOH FT, the strollers live in the trunk of my Ody and DH's Nissan Murano as we don't have a garage. We primarily use strollers for the mall and neighborhood walks and very occasionally for trips to the zoo etc. DD2 is a strong walker and we don't use it at the park or anything like that anymore.

In a perfect world, I would get a Bob, Bee and a travel umbrella and be done with it, but DH's eyes popped out of his head when I suggested that. Also, I feel bad spending $$$ on a stroller when DD2 will probably be done with them in 1.5 years tops.

kaharris83
05-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Is the Versa bigger than you're looking for? I really love my Versa and use it around the neighborhood for walks. I use it with the BJ board and it is a great one handed push both when my 31lb preschooler riding in the stroller and on the board.

Philly Mom
05-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I use my Bee all the time outside. I almost never use inside. I love it. So much better than my bjcm.

TxCat
05-28-2013, 08:50 PM
I use my Bee all the time outside. I almost never use inside. I love it. So much better than my bjcm.

:yeahthat:

My friends with Bees (who all love them, by the way), almost exclusively use them for outdoors - sidewalks, gravel/dirt paths, the zoo, etc. And they are very happy with it for those purposes.

swissair81
05-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I take walks with my Bee+ outside every day. The municipality's idea of fixing our roads is slapping an asphalt patch on them.

AnnieW625
05-29-2013, 05:14 PM
I would sell the BReady and get a Bob Duallie if you walk a lot. I used one from when DD1 was 4 until she was almost 6. DD2 still rides in the single Bob.