PDA

View Full Version : 2 keekaroos? Help me convince DH!

AngB
05-28-2013, 06:19 PM
So yesterday I broke down and got a Keekaroo seat for DS1 (2), from Diapers.com, I got it for 20% off plus 5% back so it seemed like a decent deal. (These seats NEVER show up on our CL.)

Then today as luck would have it one showed up on nobetterdeal with the infant cushion for even less than what I had paid on diapers.com, plus they have a 15% off code, so I bought it too.

Our boys are 18 months apart. They had both been sharing our fisher price space saver high chair but it was getting to be a PITA having them take turns in and out of it. (My parents live 5 min away and we eat over there at least weekly, it would be nice to just take that over there and leave it.)

DH says that we don't need 2, by the time DS2 is out of the FP high chair, DS1 can sit in a regular chair. But my thoughts are- we only have 4 dining room chairs (3 to use with the space saver on one)- it will be nice to have the extra seats to at least free up dining room chairs for adults if we have people over. Plus I don't want to deal with the kids fighting over 1 chair.

Do we really just need one? Would you keep them both?

elektra
05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Well, both my kids are still in their tripp trapps, and they are 6 and 4. They still cannot sit at a regular chair well. I mean they manage fine in restaurants or at other people's houses but it is still really nice to have chairs that get them right up to the table like that.

I am sure other folks manage fine with boosters too but it's also nice to have the extra free dining room chairs for guests.

maybeebaby08
05-28-2013, 06:59 PM
DDs are 4 years apart and we have 2 Tripp Trapps. DD2 is in high chair but loves to sit on DD1's TT, and DD1 still uses hers everyday. I think you'll get the use out of 2.

waitingforgrace
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
We have 2 Tripp traps. 1 would never work for us they would fight over it endlessly.

rin
05-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Our girls are 3 (but 95% for height, so probably as tall as many 4 years olds) and almost 1, and we have two Keekaroos. It would not work for us to have them share 1, and there would definitely be fighting. I don't see them moving out of the Keekaroos for a long time. Honestly, when we have adult guests over they often like to sit in the Keekaroos (I guess they seem like fun stools?) so I think once the girls are old enough for regular chairs we'll probably still keep them as desk chairs or something like that.

teresah00
05-28-2013, 07:46 PM
My kids are7, 5.5, 2.5 and 9m. We have two Tripp trapps. I thought about buying a 3rd but my 5yo said he would let the baby use his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngB
05-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks! I will make him read this!

WatchingThemGrow
05-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah, we have 2 stokke chairs in the dining room and 2 in the kitchen. Look for stokke kinderzeat on CL as well.

AngB
05-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah, we have 2 stokke chairs in the dining room and 2 in the kitchen. Look for stokke kinderzeat on CL as well.

We don't have stokke anything really. I even tried placing a wanted ad (for a tripp trapp, keekaroo, or similar seat) with no luck.

vonfirmath
06-02-2013, 03:04 PM
My almost 6 year old is sitting in the Ikea kid chair. MUCH more comfortable than a regular dining seat. I would guess he has at least a couple more years in it.