PDA

View Full Version : girl's nightgowns?

almostmom
05-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Where do you buy nightgowns at a reasonable price? The Target ones are all polyester and feel so rough to me (I've bought them before), but I can't seem to find cotton ones under $25 which is more than I spend on clothes items that aren't jackets or shoes!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MommytoEliana
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Well, they aren't under $25, but I have bought a few of the Mini Boden ones for DD1 (with a coupon or sale). She loves them and gets a lot of use out of them. I can't abide her polyester Gymboree nightgown, and every time she wears it she gets too hot. Cotton all the way!

citymama
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
My very favorites are Petit Bateau, which are untreated 100% cotton - I have bought them in EUC on eBay for like $6-8. I like Mini Boden prints but I don't like that they are treated with flame retardants, which is a requirement for all 100% cotton nightgowns sold in the US. (This is why most of the other brands, including Hanna, are polyester.) Of the polyesters, the Hanna Andersson ones are the most like cotton and not rough.

My solution to avoiding the chemicals and the polyester has been to convert dresses into comfy nightgowns. Buy a 100% cotton, loose dress and have your kid wear it as a nightgown - voila!

BTW there are many threads about cotton nightgowns and flame retardants, so you might want to do a search.

AnnieW625
05-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Sara's Prints are nice. We also have some Mini Boden ones. Also sometimes my girls just wear larger size tee shirts as night shirts. I bought the Mini Boden ones at Nordstrom Rack.

BabyBearsMom
05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Kohls had a bunch of cotton ones from Carters when I was there this weekend. Of course DD1 didn't want the nice cotton ones, she wanted the ugly polyester Disney princess ones so that is what she got :rotflmao:

Melaine
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Subbing. My friend bought a few at H&M overseas and brought them back for me....they are almost too little.