PDA

View Full Version : Help-4 yr old eye injury?

janine
05-29-2013, 07:11 PM
My 4 yr old says her little sister hit her in the eye...I came home and she was sleeping and when she woke up she was crying and said she cannot open her eye. It is not swollen shut or anythign, looks normal. She says nothing went in just got hit in the eye and that she went to sleep because couldn't open it. She closes both eyes as a result..and is upset.

I don't know what to do, called the dr. and they said ER, I want to avoid 3 hrs in a wait room, but worried as well - any ideas??

thank you....ugh

Indianamom2
05-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Honestly, I'd go to the ER. I tend to think that I wouldn't want to mess with eye injuries on my own. Eyesight is far too precious. Good luck!

wellyes
05-29-2013, 07:36 PM
She won't open her eyes? I'd go to the ER. They usually rush little kids, in mine at least.

TwoBees
05-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Honestly, I'd go to the ER. I tend to think that I wouldn't want to mess with eye injuries on my own. Eyesight is far too precious. Good luck!

:yeahthat:

Eye injuries (potential or actual) are not something I would play the waiting game with. I'd rather have an expert take a look.

janine
05-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks everyone. We took her in and she got better as the night went along, so seems like she is ok. We got lucky but glad we did check her out just in case.

HipMama
05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
My DS got a scratched cornea at a bounce house birthday party. We thought he was fine and he kept playing but on the way home he kept crying and saying his eye hurt. Finally took him to the ER and yep, scratched cornea. Got abx eye drops and it was fine.