PDA

View Full Version : Mirena lawsuit - lawyers or anyone else?

ErinMC
05-29-2013, 10:46 PM
My mom recently saw one of those lawyers' ads during daytime TV trumpeting a lawsuit against Mirena manufacturers, due to the numbers of women who have had injuries as a result. She immediately called me to give me the number, because my Mirena perforated my abdomen right after I had it implanted a couple of years ago, and I had to have surgery to have it removed (as I then mentioned here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2693827&postcount=8)

Anyways, she keeps repeating the "You deserve compensation for what you went through" mantra to me, but honestly, I'm a little hesitant to call TV lawyers to add myself to a lawsuit. Anyone out there know a *reputable* place to call, or if it is even worth it to follow through on this?

Thanks!

BunnyBee
05-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Call a medical malpractice attorney with a good reputation. You can look up good ones on Martindale's website (AV rated is the top rating). How many is a few years ago? There are statutes of limitation to consider, so don't wait longer.

ErinMC
05-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll look at Martindale and see if I even want to pursue this. I had it put in January 2010 and removed March 2010, at which time I had a tubal, so I honestly haven't had any issues since, though it was a legitimate hassle having surgery with 3 kids 6 and under at the time!