PDA

View Full Version : Recs for toy pirate ship?

Blue Hydrangea
05-29-2013, 10:53 PM
:sigh: I know there were good deals on pirate ships around Christmas time, I think I even remember a Kohl's deal. But at the time, DS wasn't into pirates. Well, now that his 4th birthday is just a couple weeks away, that's what he wants. He likes Jake and Neverland Pirates when he catches an episode on tv, so should I go with one of those toys, or something more generic? Are some better than others?

swissair81
05-29-2013, 10:57 PM
My son begged for this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0077NCEWA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1369882572&sr=8-2&pi=SL75 and he doesn't know anything about that show.

katydid1971
05-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Playmobil would be longer lived but maybe not so good with a baby around:
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=5135&cgid=Piraten
There is a new imaginext pirate ship they make great toys!!!
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900002&e=storeproduct&pid=71189&section=pre_imaginext
(sorry I had the wrong link up before)

KrystalS
05-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Imaginext! My DS has the Jake one & he rarely plays with it but my nephew has the Imaginext one & DS LOVES it! You can always get the Jake figures separately if he likes those. DS plays with the figures all the time but not the ship.

Smillow
05-29-2013, 11:44 PM
My 4 yo DS has the Imaginext pirate ship and a Mega Rig Pirate Ship & still covets the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ship...

WatchingThemGrow
05-30-2013, 06:13 AM
We got DS2 the imaginext pirate ship and the jake figures, and I think he plays with them very occasionally. Is the Bucky ship loud? I seem to remember that.

Blue Hydrangea
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Hmm, lots of love for Imaginext. I would prefer a non noisy option, so if the Jake version is loud, I may have to cross it off for that reason, although it's cute!

Does anyone have the Jake figures? I looked at Amazon and some of the reviews on the 7 piece set say the figures break easily- which would not be great with baby DD who puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.

mnosky1
05-30-2013, 08:19 PM
I had thought about getting my Jake loving DD a Bucky ship for Christmas then decided to go for it with the Inaginext sale at Kohls. Our friends have Bucky and the Imaginext ship an Imaginext is Capt Hook's ship. Then we bought an older Imaginext ship in a different color scheme at a consignment sale for about $12 that is "Bucky". They are both the same size which works well. The real Fisher Price Bucky is small compared to Imaginext. BTW the consignment sale had at least 10 Imaginext pirate ships. Now it's garage sale season so maybe you'd have luck looking??

mnosky1
05-30-2013, 08:20 PM
We have a bunch of Jake figure - nothing broken

KrystalS
05-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Hmm, lots of love for Imaginext. I would prefer a non noisy option, so if the Jake version is loud, I may have to cross it off for that reason, although it's cute!

Does anyone have the Jake figures? I looked at Amazon and some of the reviews on the 7 piece set say the figures break easily- which would not be great with baby DD who puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.

I don't think it's super loud, but DS isn't the type of kid who turns on the noise continuously. Not sure what 7 piece set you are looking at but we have all the FP jake figures and none of them have broken. DS puts them in the sandbox, bathtub, throws them out of his treehouse, no problems. Don't waste your money on the Capn Hook battle ship, it's tiny and the cannon falls off constantly, so frustrating for DS. One thing I really dislike is you can't buy the Peter Pan figure separately they only sell it with the big skull island set. DS really wants Peter Pan but I'm not buying that big set.

I just looked and I think you are looking at the Disney store set of figures, I wouldn't get those, they are all on little stands and the figures aren't movable. Get the fisher price figures, I think I paid around $5-$6 for a set of 2 at Wal-mart. They sell Jake/capn hook, cubby/izzy, not sure of the other combos.

TwinFoxes
05-30-2013, 11:11 PM
DDs have played with their Imaginext pirate ship every day, EVERY day, since Christmas. It's so much better built than the Jake one. We have the 7 piece Jake figurines from the Disney store, no breakage yet. The Imaginext pirate ship is just really cool, with lots of cool features, like you can hoist the sails and fire cannonballs. It has wheels so it rolls smoothly to "sail".

Blue Hydrangea
05-31-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't think it's super loud, but DS isn't the type of kid who turns on the noise continuously. Not sure what 7 piece set you are looking at but we have all the FP jake figures and none of them have broken. DS puts them in the sandbox, bathtub, throws them out of his treehouse, no problems. Don't waste your money on the Capn Hook battle ship, it's tiny and the cannon falls off constantly, so frustrating for DS. One thing I really dislike is you can't buy the Peter Pan figure separately they only sell it with the big skull island set. DS really wants Peter Pan but I'm not buying that big set.

I just looked and I think you are looking at the Disney store set of figures, I wouldn't get those, they are all on little stands and the figures aren't movable. Get the fisher price figures, I think I paid around $5-$6 for a set of 2 at Wal-mart. They sell Jake/capn hook, cubby/izzy, not sure of the other combos.

Thank you! I appreaciate the advice on the figurines, I was looking at a set from the Disney store, so it's good to know the FP character sets are better.

I wish I had time to try and find a ship on a garage sale, but I live in a really small town so, no consignment option and there aren't many garage sales to try.

TwinFoxes
05-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Ours aren't on little stands. I'll see if I can find the ones we bought. We got them last year, so maybe they're not available anymore.