PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your sunglasses!

wellyes
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
I'd love a nice pair of sunglasses for under $50. Suggestions?

JBaxter
05-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Mine all come from the Marshalls sale rack. I lose/ brake them way to much to spend more than 9.99

lizzywednesday
05-31-2013, 12:55 PM
I got a nice pair of mock-tortoiseshell from Fossil for Christmas.

Of course, I have a "thing" for oversized, round lenses.

They are most similar to these:

http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/women/categories/sunglasses/madison_oversized_butterfly-ps4147p.html?parent_category_rn=357083&departmentCategoryId=331097&beginIndex=0&pageSize=1000&pn=c&cm_vc=374083&imagePath=PS4147564

But we didn't pay $60 for them - we found them for less than $40 at the outlet!

wellyes
05-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Mine all come from the Marshalls sale rack. I lose/ brake them way to much to spend more than 9.99

See I have always been the same way, but this morning when I got a lens scratch on another cheap pair I got fed up. Maybe if I spend more I won't have to buy a pair every few weeks.

I saw these at LL Bean, they looked great - flexible, durable, vented, comfortable. I just don't want to spend $50. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61437?feat=sunglasses-SR0&page=polarized-multisport-glasses-square-lens

boolady
05-31-2013, 01:31 PM
I love my Fossil pair, too, though they are $60. I have them in brown/cream. Not trying to consciously disregard your desire to spend less...just throwing them out there as a suggestion, because I always wore cheaper sunglasses in the past, and these have been worth it.

http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/women/categories/sunglasses/cece_oversized_wrap-ps4025p.html?parent_category_rn=357083&departmentCategoryId=331097&beginIndex=0&pageSize=1000&pn=c&cm_vc=374083&imagePath=PS4025134

ett
05-31-2013, 01:35 PM
I like that purple pair from LL Bean! I need to get a pair of sunglasses too. My only pair right now is a prescription pair that I use when driving and they will cost me hundreds of dollars to replace. I've stepped on those already (thank goodness they were still okay) and have almost lost them on more than once occasion so I do need another pair for being out and about.

Charlie
05-31-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't think they are out yet this year but I really like the Kirkland ones from Costco. They are usually about $25, come with a case and are polarized. I did see some other brands there though.

wellyes
05-31-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't think they are out yet this year but I really like the Kirkland ones from Costco. They are usually about $25, come with a case and are polarized. I did see some other brands there though.
Oooh thanks!
Off to lust after Fossil ones too....

AnnieW625
05-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Another rec. for the Costco brand glasses ESP. if you like the LL Bean style and you don't want to spend more than $30-$50.

sunshine873
05-31-2013, 02:58 PM

I was the same way for years. But then I decided I needed some polarized sunglasses for boating so I ventured into some more expensive ones. Maybe it's because the ones I end up buying now are more for sport, but they are much more sturdy...I haven't broken a pair in years (I wear them almost daily, and I am often digging them out from the bottom of my purse. :bag)

I have a pair of Smith's on top of my head right now which are a few years old. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand the rationale behind the cheap ones, but don't completely give up on some of the nicer brands...

Tenasparkl
05-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Maybe check out Marshall's, TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack. Nordstrom especially carries some nice brands and you can get them for a good percentage off usually. I just found a pair of RayBans for $70 that usually sell for at least twice that.

babyonway
05-31-2013, 04:44 PM

My Costco had them I bought a pair last weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

fauve01
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
another rec for the Kirkland polarized sunglasses. ever since I tried Polarized, I have to have it. when I put non-polarized glasses on now it feels like I am not wearing sunglasses! BUT I lost/scratch them so often, I can't justify spending too much. the Kirkland sunglasses are perfect!

i am not crazy about this year's frame shape (loved last year's roundish shape), but will put up with it for the polarization.

crayonblue
05-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Any chance you have vision insurance and have had lasik? I get a free pair of sunglasses through my insurance. So far I've gotten a Coach pair and a Marc Jacobs pair. I prefer the look of the Marc Jacobs but the comfort of the Coach!

ETA: Change that to Michael Kors. Geeze. You would think I would notice the big MK on the side of my glasses.

wellyes
05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks to this thread, I went to Costco tonight and picked up a pair of Kirkland sunglasses. I'm not in love with the style (Wayfairer knock-offs) but they seem good quality and will last a good long while. They also had very reasonably priced Coach and Ray Ban sunglasses, among other brands, all under $100.

cagey
05-31-2013, 09:31 PM
I usually gave a few pairs of the Suncloud ones I order from Sierra Trading Post. They're polarized and usually around $25 depending on your discount code

zukeypur
05-31-2013, 10:37 PM
I bought some Hobie polarizeD at Costco a while back, but I think they're men's glasses. They were with the ladies, but the name is "Marcos" and they're too big. I wonder if they'll take them back. I wanted some wayfarer styled but couldn't find any. Sounds like the Kirkland ones may work!