PDA

View Full Version : Boden fall preview

boolady
05-31-2013, 02:59 PM
I know Boden's really a matter of personal taste, but there are some things up there that I'd love for my girl for fall. There are some beautiful dresses! Of course, I'll be waiting for codes and largely until EOS, but a girl can dream, LOL.

Anyone have their eye on anything in particular?

TwinFoxes
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the choices! This summer was a bit of a bust for the girls, and for me when it came to Boden. But I agree, super cute dresses. The Everyday Jersey dress has some great colors. The velvet party dress would be great for the holidays (although I'm not dropping $60, x2 that's $120 for dresses they'd wear once or twice). I also like the Fun Logo Dress, in particular the one with the hedgehog.

Lots of cute printed long sleeve tees. Very pleased...my wallet won't be. :)

boolady
05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
...This summer was a bit of a bust for the girls, and for me when it came to Boden....

I agree. This was the first time in a long time that we have not ordered anything at all, even with deals of the day and some of the codes and markdowns. Nothing was terrible, IMHO, but a lot was just there, and we've found things at Gap and Old Navy and a handful of other places instead.

I think the fall is looking good. Too good, as you say, for the wallet!

BabyBearsMom
05-31-2013, 03:55 PM
There is so much that I love for DD1 but is probably a little out of my budget:

This coat is so luxe, she would love it: http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Girls-1H-12yrs-Coats-Jackets/35098/Girls-1H-12yrs-Heritage-Coat.html
This sweater in navy owl: http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Girls-1H-12yrs-Knitwear/Jumpers/31699/Girls-1H-12yrs-Fun-Sweater.html?NavGroupID=6
This dress in hedgehog: http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Girls-1H-12yrs-Dresses/33263/Girls-1H-12yrs-Fun-Logo-Dress.html

For DD2, I love these:

In the torqoise: http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Baby-0-3yrs-Dresses-Pinnies/73101/Baby-0-3yrs-Appliqué-Apron-Pinnie.html
In Minty Owl: http://www.bodenpreview.com/en-US/Baby-0-3yrs-Dresses-Pinnies/73107/Baby-0-3yrs-Fun-Appliqué-Play-Dress.html

But I would need to see some really good sales to buy any of those. Just too $$ in the year when we are saving up for a down payment on a new house.

lchang25000
05-31-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm getting all 4 star patch trousers for DS2. The boys pants that were $46 last year are now $54, crazy!

Seitvonzu
05-31-2013, 04:36 PM
oh dear. i love so much of this stuff-- i love the printed dress with the pencils! so many great shirts! the applique skirt has CATS (i have a bit of a cat lover in my house)

also love the blue violet colored pants. filled a "pretend" cart with over 300 dollars off stuff, VERY easily.

oh dear.

JdrKuhnert
05-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Is there a code available? My son is a big fan of the brushed tartan cargos. Last winter, I bought a pair from LLB and they do NOT compare at all with Boden.

boolady
05-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Is there a code available? My son is a big fan of the brushed tartan cargos. Last winter, I bought a pair from LLB and they do NOT compare at all with Boden.

I didn't see one. It used to be that a code was right there on the preview website, but IIRC, the code didn't go up at the beginning of preview for last year's fall collection.

Mom Magic
05-31-2013, 07:33 PM
I just posted this in Momwear. Code for preview is WPFB for 20% off with free ship/free returns. Good until June 14.

Happy shopping!

citymama
06-01-2013, 02:54 AM
This was the first time in a long time that we have not ordered anything at all, even with deals of the day and some of the codes and markdowns.

I think the fall is looking good. Too good, as you say, for the wallet!

Ditto, this is us to a T! Zero purchases in the spring/summer, but their Fall offerings are really super cute! I bought my kids a heckuva lot at end of season sales at both Boden and Hanna late 2012/earlier this year, so I don't really need very much, and need to restrain myself. Or do some belated returns!

OMG, the hedgehog dress PP linked to is really adorable for my glasses-wearing DD1. I just wonder if it's too babyish for my precocious 7.5 year old who is as tall as a 10 year old! Oh, and $42 totally kills my chances of buying it, even at 20% off.

Dream
06-01-2013, 03:02 AM
I love their fall line this time around, there's so much I like for both DDs. My cart is just over $400, I'm holding off since 20% is not much of an incentive for me to order right now as we're just breaking out our summer things.

Annyeb
06-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Glad it wasn't just me either! I tried to find something I liked for baby girl here but nothing I loved. Numerous baby boy things I would have bought in a heartbeat! I paged through the bigger girl stuff but nothing I loved there either. I always buy my boys at least a few things each season (have for almost ten years now) and this summer didn't disappoint. I ended up going with mostly Tea and Naartjie for baby girl for summer.

lexie's mom
06-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the code!

WitMom
06-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I can't even go there....fall???? It makes my head hurt. I haven't even bought my girls their summer wardrobes yet (of course, the weather has yet to resemble summer in any way, shape or form).