PDA

View Full Version : How are Phil&Ted's strollers?

ebp913
05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Any feedback on Phil&Ted's strollers? It seems like they aren't talked about much here and I'm guessing that's not a good thing. How's the push, fold, etc? I am looking at a P&T or the B-Ready since I need a full featured convertible.

hihellonikki
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Three of my SIL's each have a P&T double that my MIL bought them. I dont know the model, but they have a second seat that hooks onto the back. Personally, I do not like that I kick the back of the down-on-the-ground second seats. They like that they're inline, but man, are they a beast to push. One if my SIL's jokingly teased me about my BJCM GT for being an dumpy stroller, but I wouldn't trade her for anything. I get along with my SIL's, but when it comes to strollers, we have very different tastes and preferences.

BabyBearsMom
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
I looked at the P&T when I got my B-Ready but chose the B-Ready for the reversible seats. I really liked the P&Ts though.

georgiegirl
05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I got one 4 years ago right before DS was born. I did not like it at all. The sun shade was total crap, the recline was difficult, and my DD (3) refused to sit in the back seat. And when she did, she played with the wheels.

athompson
05-31-2013, 08:11 PM
I did not like the push at all and it did not seem sturdy compared to BOB and Mountain Buggy strollers.

Annyeb
06-01-2013, 08:17 AM
I have an Explorer with the second seat (bought new in 2011) and I like it. Love it? No, but it suited our needs and I liked the way it felt over the B-Ready. B-Ready seemed more plasticky and Graco-like at the time where P&T felt more substantial. Footprint seemed smaller. I didn't care about reversible options at the time. It's been a good stroller. A couple quirks and yeah, the push isn't as fab as my MB, but still decent in my book.

hapimommy
06-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I had a phil and ted's sport for a little while, but I kicked the back seat when I walked, and I am only 5'3", so I do not know how taller people deal with it. The sunshade was tiny, the push required effort, and my tiny 12 month old could just fit in the back seat with no room to grow once reclined. At the time I also had the vista with rumbleseat, jane powertwin, and mountain buggy duo, and I would prefer any of those to the sport. The best thing about it was the resale value, I bought it for $75, and I sold it for $210.

legaleagle
06-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a verve and while it works well for us, I would switch to a SBS in a heartbeat if I had room in the car (mazda5 with one seat down). Quality is so-so (though CS is pretty good and got me an updated frame eventually). Push is ok - I haven't compared it side by side with something like a BJCMD so somewhat hard to say which is the stroller and which is pushing 80lbs of kid. We don't use a double that much anymore and I'll be more than happy to pass it on to my sister who's having her second this fall.

My kid love it though, I have pushed it around with the main seat empty because DS2 wanted to ride underneath.

infocrazy
06-01-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm surprised to all the bad reviews! I WOHM, have a 3 yo who prefers to walk until she can't, and only need a double sporadically. I have an Explorer with doubles that I bought 2 years ago, but not sure the model year. I have been really happy with it. I am 5'9" and DH is 6'3" and neither of us kick it. My DD loves the back seat and prefers that. Although when DS was a newborn, we did the front part and it was great. I think the push is great, and I love the options of seating that I have. As a single, the storage is very easy to access and huge. As a double (rear seat), not so much.

For ME, a SBS was total overkill. I did order a Valco Trimode, but turns out they sent me a scratched up floor model so I sent it back. Once it was sitting in front of me though, I realized that it is HUGE! I don't need that so even if a SBS is "better" for doubles, I don't need it or want it.

I think the push for a double is great, the fold is fine but I do find it a bit awkward to open--the same way I do for BJ so take that FWIW. I LOVE that it is basically a single so it is easy to get around vs a wider stroller. I think the sun shade is great. I will say that there are many different models and they all have different features/details.

My biggest issue is that it is about an inch too wide when folded to lay flat in the Odyssey 2009 trunk well. I have to stand it up which makes it take more space. With the chairs/soccer/baseball/hockey stuff that also resides there, that makes it difficult to be my trunk stroller. I leave this at home and my sitter uses it--which is perfect.

I have a BOB single that is my "trunk" stroller. That is really what I need for normal day activities since DD will walk for short stuff. If we have a zoo day etc, I take the P&T.

hellokitty
06-02-2013, 01:25 AM
I has a P&T E3 with doubles kit for almost five yrs and really liked it. I hate sbs strollers so much prefer inline. My friend has a mbud and that thing is a bohemouth. We live in a suburban area, I could not imagine someone using a stroller that big in a more urban environment. The sbs air tire strollers take up your entire trunk when folded down.

abh5e8
06-02-2013, 09:49 AM
i like ours too...i think its the sport. (bought in 2008). i find the push good as long as tires are well inflated. my kids love the bottom seat. i like how narrow it is for a double. and how much storage i have with the double seat on but only 1 rider. its great for the zoo or farmers market, i put younger dc in the front and the the older sometimes rides and sometimes walks. but when older dc walks, i have lots of storage in that 2nd seat. dh is pretty tall, 6'2" and he doesn't have any problems pushing or kicking wheels. (i don't either and i'm 5'3"). i like the adjustable handle heights.

i keep looking for something better to replace it with, but haven't found it. the SBS doubles seem much harder for me to push (except the BOB, which we use for running with). i do love the folding of the vibe, i think it is, and may consider replacing my P&T with that one if i could find one used.

ebp913
06-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all the help. I decided on the B-Ready because my two kids are very close together and I really wanted to the reversible option. I think the 2 more full featured seats with the ability to take a car seat will be better for us.