PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on the dhara dress from Athleta?

crl
06-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I recently ruined a couple of short sleeve casual dresses with grease stains (darn it) and would like to buy a replacement before an upcoming trip.

Anyone have the dhara dress from Athleta?

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50004&vid=1&pid=406746022

I am 5'7" about 135 pounds, more or less pear shape with a bit of a tummy. I do not want too low of a neckline as I want to be able to chase kids, etc and don't want to have to wear a cami underneath.

I am ordering from Athleta and ON anyway so would prefer to get a dress from them or Gap or BR.

Thanks!
Catherine

citymama
06-01-2013, 03:29 PM
That's a really cute dress and I think it would work well for your figure/shape. Since they have FS/FR, why not try it and see if it works out?

Eta I like the dark blue color best!

specialp
06-01-2013, 04:00 PM
It really was a cute dress, but I returned it. I'm 7 months pp, no more baby weight (same weight as you, but 5'5" and slight pear), but my stomach isn't my best feature and I felt it didn't look great in that area. I also agree with reviewers that it is a little tight in the chest area and works better if you are not busty (which I am not).

ETA: I would give it a try. Honestly, if my tummy was just a bit flatter, I would have kept it. I have a strict "must love it" policy for clothes; hence the return.

crl
06-01-2013, 04:02 PM
It really was a cute dress, but I returned it. I'm 7 months pp, no more baby weight (same weight as you, but 5'5" and slight pear), but my stomach isn't my best feature and I felt it didn't look great in that area. I also agree with reviewers that it is a little tight in the chest area and works better if you are not busty (which I am not).

Thanks! I am quite flat chested so that part works for me. But it is tight across the stomach it won't be good one me. . . . Did you find something you liked better?

Catherine

Just saw your edit. Thanks!

crl
06-01-2013, 11:11 PM
It was out of stock in my size in colors I liked. I decided to order the Nectar 2 off the sale page. Fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Catherine