PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the B Ready

PZMommy
06-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I have the stroller itch.

Tell me about the B Ready. How is the push in doubles mode compared to the City Select? I'm falling out of love with my Select and want something different.

I'm mainly looking for a stroller to use for longer outings when my older DS may want to ride some of the time. I know it is big, but I'm fine with that. The free ride event is going on, so now would be the time to get it.

kep
06-01-2013, 05:40 PM
We had one, and while I really liked it, we did end up selling it. We already had a lighter-weight stroller, and we had a jogger/AT for outdoor things. The BR really felt too redundant, and didn't really fit a niche for us. It was too heavy/awkward to leave in the car for regular use, and we already had an outdoor stroller. The BR is also VERY wide. In fact, our double Bob doesn't really feel much wider than it. The B-Ready is still my favorite for the inline strollers (although I have to admit the MB +one is a the top of my list if I ever re-buy). I thought the features and the versatility of it were terrific. The stroller was sturdy and well-built. Nice fabrics and padding. Push is average to good, although I compare everything to Bob. It really is a super nice stroller. The sheer weight and bulk killed it for me though.

PZMommy
06-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks!

I use the Vista as my car stroller, but as a double it will not work. My oldest does not want to face me, and the second seat has no recline. That is why I was hoping the B Ready may work better.

PZMommy
06-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Maybe the double b agile?? Not sure how I feel about a side by side though as my oldest will probably annoy my youngest. lol

hollissmama
06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Yup everything kep mentioned. Felt giant and was too heavy for car use and was not a super great push outdoors. I think it was better than the city select in doubles mode but I find sbs doubles to work better for me. I think it's because I am short so not being able to see the front of the b-ready made it awkward I want to try a snap dual. I think it looks awesome for a car double.

HipMama
06-02-2013, 07:13 AM
I think it pushes great in doubles mode. It doesn't feel any bigger as a double as it does as a singe. The bottom seat is nice. Full recline, sunshade. Not tippy. Goes nicely over rocks, grass, cracks ect. Britax CS is great and it has a 2 year warranty. It is kind of big to use as a car stroller but most doubles are. If you already have the City Select I'm not sure I would buy a BReady. What about getting a rider board for your CS?

PZMommy
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
I think it pushes great in doubles mode. It doesn't feel any bigger as a double as it does as a singe. The bottom seat is nice. Full recline, sunshade. Not tippy. Goes nicely over rocks, grass, cracks ect. Britax CS is great and it has a 2 year warranty. It is kind of big to use as a car stroller but most doubles are. If you already have the City Select I'm not sure I would buy a BReady. What about getting a rider board for your CS?

Thanks!

I want to sell my City Select, as I only wanted that as a double. It is a bit longer than I would like in doubles mode, now that I don't need all the different configurations. I'm thinking with the B Ready, I wouldn't mind pushing it as my oldest is walking and my youngest is riding, but then when my oldest gets tired (zoo, Disneyland, etc) I could put my DS 2 in the bottom seat and my oldest could ride for a bit. We tried a rider board at the store, and it was a definite no go. lol

ebp913
06-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks!

I want to sell my City Select, as I only wanted that as a double. It is a bit longer than I would like in doubles mode, now that I don't need all the different configurations. I'm thinking with the B Ready, I wouldn't mind pushing it as my oldest is walking and my youngest is riding, but then when my oldest gets tired (zoo, Disneyland, etc) I could put my DS 2 in the bottom seat and my oldest could ride for a bit. We tried a rider board at the store, and it was a definite no go. lol

I have the same issues with the City Select that I tried out so I got the B-Ready yesterday. I'll let you know how I feel about it after I use it a bit. It's going to be my car double. I know it will be bulky and heavy but I really wanted an inline option that can parent face.

PZMommy
06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I have the same issues with the City Select that I tried out so I got the B-Ready yesterday. I'll let you know how I feel about it after I use it a bit. It's going to be my car double. I know it will be bulky and heavy but I really wanted an inline option that can parent face.

I'm anxious to hear how you like it. I looked at it at BuyBuy Baby today, but didn't have both boys with me. I think it may check all of my boxes. If it works as well as I think it will, I would probably sell my Vista and my City Select. My DH would love that! I'd be down to two strollers: the B Ready and the City Elite.

AngB
06-02-2013, 03:09 PM
We use it daily and I have it in and out of the car often. I personally think the push is pretty good- I've had to carry (tantruming) 34 lb DS1 and push it one handed with 18 lb DS2 in it and it was fine.

It is bulky and a pain to get in and out but worth the trouble, IMO.

I can't compare it to a City Select though.

PZMommy
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
We use it daily and I have it in and out of the car often. I personally think the push is pretty good- I've had to carry (tantruming) 34 lb DS1 and push it one handed with 18 lb DS2 in it and it was fine.

It is bulky and a pain to get in and out but worth the trouble, IMO.

I can't compare it to a City Select though.

Can your DS1 fit in the bottom seat? I'm a little leary of putting my DS2 down there with his health issues, but I think for occasional use, he would be okay in the bottom seat.

AngB
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Can your DS1 fit in the bottom seat? I'm a little leary of putting my DS2 down there with his health issues, but I think for occasional use, he would be okay in the bottom seat.

Yes. The first couple times he was wary (I bribed him with animal crackers to sit down there b/c at first I asked him to sit down there and he flipped out), but now he really likes it. He is obsessed with birds and rabbits and bugs so he likes sitting closer to the ground and watching from the side for our walks. These were from Jan. (and he is 98%ile for height), his head is about at the top now but he doesn't seem to mind.

PZMommy
06-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Thank you for those pictures! I will order my stroller Wednesday when I get paid. I'm hoping amazon will still have it for a good price! Then I get to try and sell my other two strollers. :)

ebp913
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm anxious to hear how you like it. I looked at it at BuyBuy Baby today, but didn't have both boys with me. I think it may check all of my boxes. If it works as well as I think it will, I would probably sell my Vista and my City Select. My DH would love that! I'd be down to two strollers: the B Ready and the City Elite.

I'll definitely let you know! I ordered it online and I won't get to use it until next week but I'll post after I do. It's actually for my mom to keep at her house but I convinced her to send it to me so I can fly it out when we go to see her next and I get a chance to try it out for myself. I sold my Vista and I am thinking about selling my Onyx as well to try something different. I am realizing that I really need 2 seats for my kids for my car stroller.

bisous
06-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I just ordered one too!! I'm so excited. They make it so tempting with that fabulous free ride deal. I'm hoping it is everything I need it to be. I'll be happy to weigh in on it also. :)

ECUPirateMom
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
you ladies are making me want to pull the trigger too :) its in my cart and I've sold myself on it however hubby doesn't get it...off to further convince him of its necessity!! can't wait to hear when everybody reports back!

PZMommy
06-03-2013, 10:23 PM
My DH has given his blessing, especially since I told him I would be selling other strollers as long as I keep this one. Now I just need to decide on the color.....

ECUPirateMom
06-03-2013, 11:06 PM
well I just went ahead ordered the black plus I got my husbands blessing...yeah :) black isn't my normal style but I figure I can always get a cute seat liner to dress it up in the future! can't wait til it gets here Wednesday!

echoesofspring
06-03-2013, 11:59 PM
I've been really happy with ours. I worried that it would be too heavy but honestly, I don't think it's that bad and I find the push smooth enough that sometimes I'll just use it instead of our Indie if it's closer to the door for a 1 kid walk. I haven't done trails, but grass, gravel, bumpy sidewalk, etc. have all been fine. Love the canopy on the top seat and I've been really impressed with how much I can fit into the basket. It must not be that common around here, but I get a lot of comments about it...

bisous
06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I ordered black too but that's more my style! I have a garage full of black strollers. Boring, but pretty and good for resale. :) I'm really buying this in anticipation of DS4, when I'll need a double, but I'm realizing it might be JUST the thing for me now. I try to go grocery shopping with DS3 and find myself pushing the cart around and carrying him. It would be awesome to be able to use the stroller and the huge basket!

PZMommy
06-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Black isn't my color. lol. I'm thinking either red or the new moss color. I'm leaning towards the moss I think.

PZMommy
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I had the stroller in my cart, but then decided not to get it.

I LOVE my Vista as a single stroller, and I only need a single 99% of the time. For the 1% of the time I need a double, my City Select will suffice. I really do like the seating options on the Select better, but it is do big. If I'm ever in the need of a double more often, I will consider the B Ready then.