PDA

View Full Version : whole30 log

hillview
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi
I started the Whole30 today and thought I would log what I eat incase someone else wants to try it. If YOU are doing it please post -- I need ideas!

Breakfast
Peanut butter lara bar (NOT ALLOWED, how did I not know this??)
Coffee with coconut milk (in a can) which wasnt as bad as I expected it to be, I usually have my coffee with milk and sugar!

Lunch
3 egg omelet with mushrooms, side of fruit (instead of toast)
Iced green tea

Dinner
Grilled chicken (LOVE my grill) with skin on -- ate the skin which I usually don't do
Grilled portabello mushrooms, pineapple and bell peppers
Iced green tea

daisysmom
06-01-2013, 08:41 PM
I have been whole 39 for breakfasts and lunches but keep having wine with dinner and dessert after. I am ready to recommit and will do it with you. So I will officially log in tomorrow. For breakfasts I have 2 eggs over an arugula and olive oil salad. I promise that having salad at breakfast is not as bad as it sounds!!

elephantmeg
06-02-2013, 07:39 AM
you may want to make sure you're getting some fats with meals.

Breakfast yesterday: leftover chicken/venison (DH brought home from someones house last night) green smoothie (2 handfuls of baby spinach, a few frozen strawberries and a few frozen blueberries, some water)

lunch-leftover grilled hamburger on lettuce "bun" with mayo/mustard, tomatoes and avocado with home made balsamic vinaigrette.

supper: left over grilled chicken and the same veggies with mayo to dip

snack (it was a crazy day) banana, sunbutter, cocoa and ice cubes in the blender. It was delish!

hillview
06-02-2013, 07:12 PM
thanks meg and daisy! love having a support team :0

here is what I did today. feedback welcome/helpful!

Breakfast
Small fruit cup
3 egg omelet with avocado, mushroom and pear

Lunch
½ can of salmon in water (wild)
¼ cup of guacamole
¼ cups of olives
½ bell pepper
¼ apple

Snack
Carrots

Dinner
Grilled salmon
3 pieces of pineapple grilled
½ cup of brussel sprouts (grilled with EVOO and garlic)
Salad: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, sunflower seeds
Balsamic vinegar dressing (just vinegar)

vludmilla
06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm in. I've been toying with eating this way for months and I think I am ready now to just do it for 30 days.
Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs
Coffee
Red grapes

Lunch:
zucchini pasta with Victoria marinara sauce (paleo approved-no sugar or weird oils...)

Dinner:
Grilled chicken
Big romaine salad with plum tomato and cucumber (olive oil and white balsamic vinegar)

Dessert:
watermelon

elephantmeg
06-02-2013, 08:07 PM
breakfast-3 eggs scrambled with cooked greens
lunch-(church picnic) one hotdog, one chicken leg, some salad I brought, honeydew. DH was hurting by the end of it but I felt great. I was glad for the honeydew. I'll have to remember to add fruit salad to the list of stuff to take to church meals! I took deviled eggs (but they were gone til I got there!) and salad today.
supper-meatloaf (I made with ground beef, dehydrated onion, beef base, tomato paste and water), mixed veggies, leftover salad from lunch.

hillview
06-03-2013, 07:35 PM
meg what is your deviled egg recipe?

Pre workout
2 hard-boiled eggs
Coffee with coconut milk

WOD
Protein drink

Post workout
Can salmon in EVOO
1 avocado
1 bell pepper