PDA

View Full Version : Help! Presents for 11 and 14 year old BOYS in the UK?

citymama
06-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm no good with shopping for boys older than 7! I'll be visiting a whole mess of kids in the UK, including two boys who are 11.5 and almost 14. What on earth does one get them? In another lifetime I'd say music, but do kids even listen to CDs anymore? And what? I'm clueless. Oh, and it needs to be light and portable since I'm carrying gifts for about 8 other kids (I just went with books for all the others, by US authors). From what I've seen on Facebook, the older one's a bit precocious and into clothes and being hip. Help!

Many thanks!

curiousgeorge
06-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Are you able to get the older one a "hip" t-shirt or two from where you live or some "cool" nearby city? Might be a cool conversation piece for him with his friends.

Does the 11 year old like anything that is more expensive or hard to find over there (legos? or maybe he's too old for that).

elbenn
06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Are you able to get the older one a "hip" t-shirt or two from where you live or some "cool" nearby city? Might be a cool conversation piece for him with his friends.

I also was going to suggest t-shirts with something local on them.

LMPC
06-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I agree...my nieces and nephews that are that age and live in the UK?Ireland love getting "American" things that their friends can't. So local sports teams...college tshirts...CD's that have only been released here, etc.

Momit
06-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Shirts/sweatshirts from a US university or pro sports team would likely be a hit.