PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Target?

Twoboos
06-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I need to bring one dozen (just 12) brownies to an event.

I was flying through target and thought I would just grab some. I currently have no oven to bake in due to kitchen remodel.

The package of Target brownie bites comes with 11 - ELEVEN - in the package.

Seriously, you can't even package a dozen of something so you can make people buy more to get the dozen so you can make more money?!?! I was sooooo ticked off!!! :thumbsdown: :shake:

truly scrumptious
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
That's ridiculous. Who needs eleven of something? What a pain.

wellyes
06-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Kinda like how the box of pasta that was always 1 pound still looks the same, but now contains 12 oz......

Tondi G
06-02-2013, 08:53 PM
That's just dumb ... baked goods should be sold by the DOZEN! Duh!

Twoboos
06-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Kinda like how the box of pasta that was always 1 pound still looks the same, but now contains 12 oz......

You are kidding me. I have to check on this from now on.

Not to mention the box of granola bars that used to have 6 now only has 5. I've been annoyed by that one for a long, long time. But the 11 instead of a dozen threw me over the edge.

Maybe that's considered a Non-Baker's Dozen?

ShanaMama
06-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Yeah, & the 5 lb bag of sugar miraculously shrunk to 4 lbs. I assure you the price didn't drop proportionally. The annoying thing is I'm always running out of sugar cuz I go thru 4 lbs faster than 5. Duh.

sarahsthreads
06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Maybe that's considered a Non-Baker's Dozen?

That's awesome! You should write a letter and suggest that they put that wording on their packages.

How crazy to only put 11 of something in a package! I could *almost* feel it was reasonable if it were 10. But 11? How are they even packaged in groups of 11? I mean, two rows of four plus a row of three? One row of six and a row of five? All jumbled up and getting squished? It's unnatural. :rotflmao:

Sarah :)

TwinFoxes
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah, & the 5 lb bag of sugar miraculously shrunk to 4 lbs. I assure you the price didn't drop proportionally. The annoying thing is I'm always running out of sugar cuz I go thru 4 lbs faster than 5. Duh.

Yes, this is my latest annoyance.

11 instead of a dozen is worse though!

elbenn
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM

Yes, and the orange juice that used to be 64 oz is now 59 oz.

KpbS
06-02-2013, 11:33 PM

The pasta bugs me too! I buy the one or two boxes that are still 16 oz and kinda feel like I am getting back at them a little bit. :tongue5:

ilfaith
06-02-2013, 11:45 PM
The pasta bugs me too! I buy the one or two boxes that are still 16 oz and kinda feel like I am getting back at them a little bit. :tongue5:

It is especially annoying when you are trying to follow a recipe that calls for a pound of pasta. Same thing with cans of tuna...the standard size used to be 7 oz, and now cans are 6 or 5 oz. Between the two, it will really throw off your tuna noodle casserole.

tabegle
06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Don't forget the half gallons of ice cream are now only 1.5 or 1.75 quarts.

trcy
06-03-2013, 07:32 AM
My mom just noticed that the other day and pointed it out to me.

Twoboos
06-03-2013, 08:26 AM
I just checked the pasta we have here. A couple of boxes are still 1lb, but a couple are 13.25oz. They're just eeking it down a little at a time so we won't notice, I guess.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the last time I made pasta (I usually use about a half box) I remember thinking it didn't look like enough. And now I know why.

:hopmad: :nono:

Melaine
06-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Ugh...this is how they are hiding the price hikes in groceries! Like pp, I still haven't let go of the half gallons of ice cream injustice.

trales
06-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Every few months consumer reports shows the slashing of the sizes, the "new" packaging to make it look the same the size.

I guess corporate america really does think that us regular folk are a bunch of rubes.

BabbyO
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
That's awesome! You should write a letter and suggest that they put that wording on their packages.

How crazy to only put 11 of something in a package! I could *almost* feel it was reasonable if it were 10. But 11? How are they even packaged in groups of 11? I mean, two rows of four plus a row of three? One row of six and a row of five? All jumbled up and getting squished? It's unnatural. :rotflmao:

This was my exact thought??? How do they package this. At least 10 makes sense...2 rows of 5....

gatorsmom
06-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Ugh, sorry about the brownies. That's just stupid.

I've wondered for a long time when the boxes of cereal are going to get so shallow they can't stand up anymore. Instead of reducing the height or length of the boxes to hide the lower volume of cereal inside, they decrease the width. I would think those boxes will be tipping over any day now. I wonder how the cereal companies will hide the decrease in product then...

ett
06-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Wow, I didn't know about the shrinking sizes of boxed pasta. I buy the TJ's bags which are still 1 lb.

sarahsthreads
06-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Wow, I didn't know about the shrinking sizes of boxed pasta. I buy the TJ's bags which are still 1 lb.

I was going to say, all of the various Wegmans and Barilla pasta boxes I have in my pantry (and they're not ancient, they've all been purchased within the past month or two) are a full pound.

Weird.

lizzywednesday
06-05-2013, 08:47 AM
I was going to say, all of the various Wegmans and Barilla pasta boxes I have in my pantry (and they're not ancient, they've all been purchased within the past month or two) are a full pound.

Weird.

Except for the tri-color rotini, all our pasta is 1lb. We only buy store-brand for regular pasta ... and Barilla for their no-bake lasagna noodles.

momm
06-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Wow, WHAT? Asshats!

liz
06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I had my own "what the.....??" moment at Target the other day.

I like to buy Dunkin Donuts ground coffee and pick it up occasionally. The bags at Target (and grocery stores) is 7.99$ per 12 ounce package. Turns out that Dunkin Donuts restaurants sell the bags for the same price (or better) but in 1 lb packages. Darnit, I've been cheated for years!!