PDA

View Full Version : lice question: hair bows

nfowife
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
So, my oldest DD is on day 11 from the day I found lice in her hair. We are on day 8 of being lice-free. I've done RID, LiceMD, Nuvo, and have been combing her daily and nothing. I've treated myself with LiceMD and Rid and combing but never found anything and the same with my DD2 (never found anything). Using the terminator comb.

So, I'm still going to keep combing for another week or so just to make sure but I have a big bag of hair bows that I double ziploc bagged on day 1. Haven't opened it yet but I would like to use them again! I cannot wash them. They have been in our car most of the time and it's been pretty hot. Did I mention I found the lice in DD1 on the first of a 10 day road trip as we move? Yeah, that's been fun! All our friends we've been visiting along the way have been very understanding and we were lice-free before we left our first stop (cousins who had lice a few months ago so they were not totally freaked out by us).

So I think the bows should be safe to use at this point, right? Live lice can't live more than 48 hours off a host (or less) and any nits would die since there isn't a host by now. Right?

Lice experts, please advise.

egoldber
06-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes, they are fine. :)