PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Lice

alootikki
06-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Just got an email that two cases of lice have been discovered at my son's preschool. I'm still planning to send him in this week - anything I can put in his hair to prevent contagion??

solsister
06-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Get some tea tree oil and a bottle of water. Put a few drops of the TTO in the water, and spray it on his head whenever you think of it. We have used Suave tropical coconut shampoo for years, after hearing that lice do not like coconut scent, and so far, so good. Those are the extras that I do with a school aged child.

Kindra178
06-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Keep your kids' hair dirty.

truly scrumptious
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
We use this every morning before school.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O7JK0A/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

BabyBearsMom
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
If i had a boy, I would probably cut his hair very very short (crew cut). For DD1, I keep her up at school as someone once told me that can help. Not sure if that is true (logic sounds a bit dodgy on that for me). I usually send her in with a tight braid or a bun.

nfowife
06-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Keep his hair short. Comb with terminator. Spray with lice sheild spray from Walgreens or cvs and use the shampoo too. And pray :).

rlu
06-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Get some tea tree oil and a bottle of water. Put a few drops of the TTO in the water, and spray it on his head whenever you think of it. We have used Suave tropical coconut shampoo for years, after hearing that lice do not like coconut scent, and so far, so good. Those are the extras that I do with a school aged child.

Similar we use a tea tree shampoo (once from Walgreens, once from Trader Joes) but the brands we found include mint to which both DS and I are allergic so we sneeze a little. DS keeps his hair shorter anyway and I reinforced the idea to not share hats. Your guy is little though and they may be laying down on the floor or sharing dress-up clothes.

Hadn't heard about coconut, will keep that in mind.

essnce629
06-03-2013, 08:20 PM
We all use TTO shampoo/conditioner and DS1 rubs a few drops of full strength rosemary oil in his hair after his shower every night.

DS1 has had lice FOUR times, but not since adding in the full strength rosemary drops.