PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a stacked washer/dryer (those one unit things)?

buttercup
06-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Our new (old) farmhouse only has a very old washer which I've no idea whether it works or not. Since we are moving there full time, I am researching those two piece units we used in college/small apartments. There is no laundry room, current washer is in the kitchen. Would have to remove part of a cabinet to make room for the second piece, and of course add venting.

Do you have any experience with these machines, and can you recomend one? Many thanks!

rachelh
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Our new (old) farmhouse only has a very old washer which I've no idea whether it works or not. Since we are moving there full time, I am researching those two piece units we used in college/small apartments. There is no laundry room, current washer is in the kitchen. Would have to remove part of a cabinet to make room for the second piece, and of course add venting.

Do you have any experience with these machines, and can you recomend one? Many thanks!

I had one when we lived in our apartment. I think it was a Kenmore. We got it at a Sears outlet. I never had any issues with it.

Philly Mom
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM
You can stack front load washer/dryers. Approx same height as the one you mentioned. We did that in our condo when we did not have room for side by side.

GaPeach_in_Ca
06-03-2013, 04:07 PM
We have an all-in-one washer/dryer in a cabinet in the kitchen. I'm really happy with it. If you're interested, I can give more details. It's a European kind of thing.

We replaced a stacked washer/dryer with this to free up room to hang items above and a laundry basket/soap/etc.

ssand23
06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
We have an apt washer and dryer, the stackable ones but we don't keep them stacked. I also vote for Kenmore for the dryer and either Kenmore or GE for the washer. We have a small Kenmore electric dryer and a GE washing machine that rolls over to our kitchen sink to hook it up there. We opted for the GE washing machine over the Kenmore only that it holds a bit more than the Kenmore one but both are good quality machines.

llama8
06-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I have the all in 1 washer/dryer Kenmore unit from Sears. It is a normal size one, not the tiny one. We have it in a closet. I love it. We have had it for 8 years and it hold ups well with 2 kids and lots of laundry. I would not hesitate to buy one again.

mikala
06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
You can stack front load washer/dryers. Approx same height as the one you mentioned. We did that in our condo when we did not have room for side by side.

Yeah, we did this too and it worked fine. We did have to purchase a stacking kit accessory for $40 or so and only certain models can stack.

daniele_ut
06-03-2013, 10:09 PM

Our Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer are stacked in a closet in my kitchen. It works really well for us.

buttercup
06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
We have an all-in-one washer/dryer in a cabinet in the kitchen. I'm really happy with it. If you're interested, I can give more details. It's a European kind of thing.

We replaced a stacked washer/dryer with this to free up room to hang items above and a laundry basket/soap/etc.

Yes please!!! This would be do great for us. Thanks!