PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my grill

hillview
06-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Can I just say how much I LOVE my grill. And it is mine DH has no interest. It is a gas grill (attached to the house gas so no tank) and it is awesome. keeps the kitchen cool and fast and easy to cook on.

oneplustwo
06-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Ooh, now I want to hear which grill you have. I love our grill, but it's getting decrepit and will need to be replaced soon. Love even more that the grill is DH's domain, so when it's a hot day I just prepare the food but he does the grilling. The house stays cooler and no roasting pan/grill pan for me to clean!

hillview
06-04-2013, 11:17 AM
grilled so far

buffalo burgers
pineapple (kids LOVE this -- beg for it)
mushrooms in evoo and garlic on a skewer
peppers in evoo and garlic on a skewer
chicken thighs/legs (with skin on but otherwise naked) SOOO good
salmon (again naked)

Tondi G
06-04-2013, 02:57 PM
We love our grill too! We have a weber Q series. It has been plenty big for our family of 4 and just last week we took it to DS's school and had a BBQ .... cooked up 80 hamburgers and over 100 hot dogs no problem!

we love to grill chicken tenders with a teriyaki-ish marinade

Have you done zucchini on the grill ... I like to season/marinate them in a evoo, a splash of lemonade and garlic salt? yummy!

I need to try Salmon on the grill

cuca_
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I am sooo jealous! My DH has no interest in grilling. I, on the other hand, have been asking for a grill for Mother's Day for the past two years with no success. I'm going to have to go out and get myself a grill!

elektra
06-04-2013, 03:07 PM
You are so cute with your girl grill skills!
DH has been cooking bacon and breakfasty things on our grill. Well the bacon is getting done on the burner he has next to the grill but it is so nice to have the stuff all cooked outdoors without the cooked bacon smell throughout the whole house!

ang79
06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Ooh, now I want to hear which grill you have. I love our grill, but it's getting decrepit and will need to be replaced soon. Love even more that the grill is DH's domain, so when it's a hot day I just prepare the food but he does the grilling. The house stays cooler and no roasting pan/grill pan for me to clean!

This is why I love to grill in the summer because it is pretty much the only time DH will cook! I prep everything and he grills it :) Last night we had steak and I did white and sweet potatoes in a foil packet. Sliced them, added olive oil, parsley, and garlic salt, they were sooo good. DD2 is becoming a huge fan of sweet potatoes and wanted to eat all the (orange potaotes) herself :)

khalloc
06-04-2013, 04:24 PM
We have a Weber Genesis. I dont think I've ever lived without a gas grill, except maybe when I was in college. We always had a gas grill growing up and I did immediately out of college also when I moved in with DH (then boyfriend). Now we keep our grill on the back screened in porch and its there all year round and I grill on it all year round, even here in Vermont! I never cook a hamburg or steak indoors and I usually cook chicken outside. Maybe 10% of the time I cook chicken indoors. We grill fish too. Sometimes I grill asparagus. But mostly meat.

Mermanaid
06-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I always love grilling too! I love onions (cut up, olive oil and balsamic in a packet OR cut off ends, put pats of butter and wrap in a piece of bacon) and romaine lettuce (cut in half, brush with olive oil and sea salt). YUM!

hillview
06-04-2013, 07:15 PM
We love our grill too! We have a weber Q series. It has been plenty big for our family of 4 and just last week we took it to DS's school and had a BBQ .... cooked up 80 hamburgers and over 100 hot dogs no problem!

we love to grill chicken tenders with a teriyaki-ish marinade

Have you done zucchini on the grill ... I like to season/marinate them in a evoo, a splash of lemonade and garlic salt? yummy!

I need to try Salmon on the grill

Wow 100! that is impressive! I have to try zucchini!

I am sooo jealous! My DH has no interest in grilling. I, on the other hand, have been asking for a grill for Mother's Day for the past two years with no success. I'm going to have to go out and get myself a grill!
Yeah I just purchased one finally. SIGH.

This is why I love to grill in the summer because it is pretty much the only time DH will cook! I prep everything and he grills it :) Last night we had steak and I did white and sweet potatoes in a foil packet. Sliced them, added olive oil, parsley, and garlic salt, they were sooo good. DD2 is becoming a huge fan of sweet potatoes and wanted to eat all the (orange potaotes) herself :)
I am SO jealous! I wish DH would grill. Love the sweet potato idea. I did Sweet Potatoes on the grill -- sliced and right on the grill.

You are so cute with your girl grill skills!
DH has been cooking bacon and breakfasty things on our grill. Well the bacon is getting done on the burner he has next to the grill but it is so nice to have the stuff all cooked outdoors without the cooked bacon smell throughout the whole house!
YUM. Again JEALOUS. I was hoping DH would fall in love with grilling!

hillview
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
We have a Weber Genesis. I dont think I've ever lived without a gas grill, except maybe when I was in college. We always had a gas grill growing up and I did immediately out of college also when I moved in with DH (then boyfriend). Now we keep our grill on the back screened in porch and its there all year round and I grill on it all year round, even here in Vermont! I never cook a hamburg or steak indoors and I usually cook chicken outside. Maybe 10% of the time I cook chicken indoors. We grill fish too. Sometimes I grill asparagus. But mostly meat.

I also have the geneis. It is really awesome. It is right off the kitchen on our deck so I hope to use it often in various weather conditions.

I always love grilling too! I love onions (cut up, olive oil and balsamic in a packet OR cut off ends, put pats of butter and wrap in a piece of bacon) and romaine lettuce (cut in half, brush with olive oil and sea salt). YUM!
Ok great idea! Thanks!!