PDA

View Full Version : I have a potty-trained child!!

♥ms.pacman♥
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Have been waiting forever to say that. You have no idea. After cloth diapering for over 3 years (2 of those years for 2 kids) you start getting just a little sick of dealing with spraying poo off diapers, and start wishing for the day where you don't have to do it anymore!! :)

DS finally turned a corner a few weeks ago...so far DS has been pooping and peeing in the potty, no accidents for the past week or two. None at school, none at home, not even when we went to the aquarium last weekend which is a 45 minute drive away. He pees in public restrooms no problem..he even pooped in one last week!! Going out is not a hassle at all..he holds it pretty well and goes when we ask him to. No more pooping in his underwear..he goes into his room, closes the door and sits on his potty, does his business then tells us to come wipe him. I don't know what it was that convinced him but i'm glad the days of cleaning poopy underwear are over!

He doesn't even need diapers for nighttime but we put one on anyway just in case...don't want to deal with possibility of having to change sheets at night. Diapers are cheaper than pullups so we are sticking with that...I just sold an unopened pack of Pullups on my FB swap site this weekend!

Anyway, just had to share. Hopefully some encouragement for others in the throes of PTing. DS will be 3.5 in July so definitely a later potty trainer. Am just so glad to be done with this stage!

WatchingThemGrow
06-04-2013, 06:31 AM
:cheerleader1: Yay for your family!!!! It's so refreshing when ONE gets out of diapers, isn't it! So glad he turned the corner with pooping!

jent
06-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Woohoo! Congrats!

123LuckyMom
06-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Hooray!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

mom2khj
06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
:applause:

Now that DD's soccer seasons are over, we're on this with DS. So far he's doing great. I can't wait to be done with diapers for good!!!

mommylamb
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
That's so exciting! I bet your DD will follow soon after too.

DS2 is only 15 months, but I'm already looking forward to the day when we will be done with diapers....:o

ZeeBaby
06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Congrats! It is such a relief.

lizzywednesday
06-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Hooray!

This is awesome!

I've got a day-trained kid, but I'm not concerned about night just yet. (I'd like her to sleep in her own bed before I put her in underpants, but that's another post...)

hillview
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM
:applause::bighand::jammin::cheerleader1::thumbsup ::yay:

wencit
06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Yay, Pac Big Boy! :cheerleader1:

TxCat
06-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Congrats!!! As another mom dealing with poopy underwear accidents, I'm very happy for you. :)

ShanaMama
06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Yay, Pac Big Boy! :cheerleader1:

:yeahthat:that is super exciting!

gummibear
06-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Congrats! It's a great feeling innit?

Time to shop for a waterproof mattress cover, if you haven't yet. We picked up a combo allergy-waterproof one for $40 on Amazon last year - made of cotton! and not noisy! and yet still pee-proof - and it's been worth every acci- er, I mean, every penny. ;)

BDKmom
06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Yay! :cheerleader1: My DS finally figured everything out about 6 weeks ago and it is so nice! Like you, we aren't even worrying about night training for now, although he is dry most mornings. I wasn't one really bothered by diapers (but we only used disposables), but since he has been PTed, I have realized that it really is so much easier and nicer. My DS is pretty close to being able to manage the whole process by himself, other than wiping after a poop, so that makes it even nicer. Most times I don't even have to stop what I'm doing. And he wasn't really one to buy into the whole "big boy" thing as motivation, but I think he really is proud of himself.

AnnieW625
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Yay! It is the best feeling. I have a bunch of cloth diapers I need to sell too, and I just need to get motivated to do it.

My DD2 trained herself in litterally a day three weeks ago. I dropped her off at daycare on a Tuesday and she went pee 6 times that day, plus once at home. We still have her in a pull up for night time, but she wakes up dry 95% of the time and the other day when she was sick and slept for 4/1/2 hours it took me until about hour 4 to realize "oh cr@p, I should have put a pull up on her" but thankfully she was still dry.

Sweetsunshine
06-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Congrats on such a big step! I'm dreading DS being trained. He just turned three and has no desire to even try. I'm hoping it will just magically happen over the summer.

momm
06-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Yayyyy!!!:)