PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Pioneer Woman

wellyes
06-04-2013, 10:10 AM
For introducing my to sweetened condensed milk!
And damn you Trader Joe's for having the big bottles of it that you can keep in the fridge and drizzle over stuff whenever you want!

daniele_ut
06-04-2013, 10:22 AM
You are SO in the doghouse. I had no idea TJs had it in bottles!

AnnieW625
06-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Thank goodness they finally keep it. One annoyance about TJ's is when I have a lot of baking to do I usually have to go to a separate store because many of their baking items are considered seasonal. I would think condensed milk is seasonal as well with the fall/winter holidays. Maybe they have finally come to their senses.

fauve01
06-04-2013, 12:15 PM
For introducing my to sweetened condensed milk!
And damn you Trader Joe's for having the big bottles of it that you can keep in the fridge and drizzle over stuff whenever you want!

OMG I am doomed now that I know TJ has a bottle. where is it in the store?? what are you drizzling it over? I bet it would really get me to eat more veggies...

wellyes
06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Not exactly veggies. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/monkey-muffins/

kdeunc
06-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Damn, why did I open this thread! Note to self, go buy Monkey Muffin ingredients including condensed milk...:)

MMMommy
06-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I think the condensed milk is in the baking section (where the sugar, baking mixes, etc. are) of TJs. I love it on toast and for iced coffee and milk tea!

DietCokeLover
06-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Not exactly veggies. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/monkey-muffins/

Sad to say these are on a regular breakfast rotation in our house. Every other week or so we indulge in this decadence. Yum!

gatorsmom
06-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I love it in my Christmas baking (I have a great fudge recipe that takes it) but I can't imagine drinking it from the container.

Otoh, in France you can buy these little squeeze tubes of SCM that bikers can take with them for energy boosts. Now those do taste yummy so if the TJ's condensed milk tastes like that, yummm!

joules
06-04-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm going to have to try it out. My favorite is to cut up strawberries, put them over a bowl of crushed ice, and then drizzle with SCM. And then towards the end, the ice has melted and mixed in with the SCM and I like to drink the "soup".