PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else's laundry piles increased since summer break?

gatorsmom
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Maybe this is just my house since we've had a ton of rain lately. The kids love to play out in the mud which means they have to change into clean clothes after each outside play session. I mean I'm all about the kids playing outside this summer but 3-4 changes of clothing per day PER KID?? It's killing me!

Oh, and why cant the kids hang up clothes they have worn for an hour or two? why do they just throw them in the hamper?

During the school year I have figured I average about 15 loads per week. 5 of those loads are from Greenbean wetting the bed daily. A few more loads are bedsheets and blanket from the rest of our beds. It was a lot but I have a nice system with the kids helping me get it done. But man, this summer is killing me!

Anyone else going through this?

Twoboos
06-04-2013, 01:49 PM
That would involve us being done with school - talk to me in 4 more weeks!

However -

Oh, and why cant the kids hang up clothes they have worn for an hour or two? why do they just throw them in the hamper?

This is such a pet peeve of mine! If you've only worn it for an hour inside the house, it's NOT dirty!!

mom2one
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm jealous! we don't get out till the 13th. I am so done with homework!!!!

georgiegirl
06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Yes! We have swimming lessons every day, so that adds to our laundry load big time.

elephantmeg
06-04-2013, 02:02 PM
not out yet but the nicer weather has increased laundry a ton-swimsuits/towels clothes that got wet from water guns...

KrisM
06-04-2013, 02:23 PM
At least the clothes are smaller, right?

We are still in school, but I do notice this as well. No ideas. I can't imagine doing 15 loads of laundry weekly, so I hope you figure it out!

gatorsmom
06-04-2013, 02:30 PM
At least the clothes are smaller, right?

I wish! Since its cold, the kids are wearing jeans and hoodies out in the mud! Once it gets warmer they'll be able to wear shorts and sleeveless tshirts so yeah, then I'll have smaller clothes. But until them, sheesh! I have so many clothes to wash that I've been able to separate them out into specific colored loads like pinks and oranges, greens and light blues, etc.

bigsis
06-05-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm right there with you---except the 15 loads per week. I complain about my 10 loads per week right now.